• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

Interesting that a number of the suggestions are cost but no financial gain .
Given the, now obvious, Financial limitations of a consortium of little free funds , massive debt and extensive running costs, should the club be enhancing the "experience" for those already in the ground or concentrating on increasing the income streams (Matchday or otherwise)
But they will result in a financial loss if non-season ticket holders decide not to return due to some really poor facilities that make for a poor experience for the ticket cost. Season ticket holders shouldn't be taken for granted either. If the situation doesn't improve over the season, many might think twice about renewing. Customer retention is vital.

It's a fair comment. However, if the basics aren't done and the "experience" for those in the ground improved, then by next season these 8,000+ crowds will soon be down to 5,000 again. You need to look after your current customers, as they will be the first in line next season to fork out £400, as long as their experience this season has been a good one. At the moment, we can't even take a **** in private, wash our hands or get a beer/food in a timely fashion.

COSU need to get a grip of these basic issues quickly, before these thousands of extra customers are put off returning next season. Oldham are a perfect example of not grasping the moment, before the wave crashes.
increases in Beer and food sales may well outweigh the cost , having a P*** without holding your breath when you have already paid for your ticket may well have to wait for a couple of months before it becomes cost effective , As long as that is all fixed by the end of January , it probably wont impact on any income reduction.

but they will result in a financial loss if non-season ticket holders decide not to return due to some really poor facilities that make for a poor experience for the ticket cost. Season ticket holders shouldn't be taken for granted either. If the situation doesn't improve over the season, many might think twice about renewing. Customer retention is vital.

As long as they get them sorted before the season ticket renewal date then it should not impact on revenue , Important , true , but immediate priority to increase revenue , I am not so sure , currently over 50% of our attendances have already paid up front......

Vegan food

Safe spaces

Non binary toilets

Swear jar's in the West bank which can be passed around.
Whilst I get you’re clearly taking the **** with these suggestions. A selection of food that caters for veggies and vegans would be much appreciated.

Chips would be a good easy start. I had a rainbow roll at AFC Wimbledon, it was a vegan take on a sausage roll and was so good I had a second.

Whilst I get you’re clearly taking the **** with these suggestions. A selection of food that caters for veggies and vegans would be much appreciated.

Chips would be a good easy start. I had a rainbow roll at AFC Wimbledon, it was a vegan take on a sausage roll and was so good I had a second.
Off topic but why do vegans and vegetarians want food to look like what they are against eating?

Off topic but why do vegans and vegetarians want food to look like what they are against eating?
Id say for many its a conscious choice to not be involved in the meat industry and the killing etc, not about not liking the taste of meat. A sausage roll is just a form factor.

Back on topic, these days your just losing money if you dont provide a good veggie option, simple as that.

Id say for many its a conscious choice to not be involved in the meat industry and the killing etc, not about not liking the taste of meat. A sausage roll is just a form factor.

Back on topic, these days your just losing money if you dont provide a good veggie option, simple as that.
Exactly that!

I won’t buy food in the ground until there is a suitable option for me. I know plenty of other vegan/veggie Shrimpers who feel the exact same.

You can only make one first impression. If newbies to RH have a bad experience that will stick in their minds forever and they'll probably not return! Getting the food outlets and bogs fixed should be seen as a priority.

My son and I are both veggie... we've stuck to chocolate bars lol.

Chips and cheese butty please 👍
I always get myself a pack of Percy pigs from the M&S at the BP garage and a drink. If I get there early enough a trip to the fish house. They cater for vegans and veggies very well.

If the selection was good enough I’d eat in the ground, I’d rather my money go towards the club. Would feel sorry for the Fish House as they must thrive off matchday trade.

I'm bringing a screwdriver with me on the 10th to sort out those West Stand gents bogs doors
My pals seat was broken a couple of years ago and after several attempts to get it fixed he threatened that I’d take my drill to the next home game and fix it myself.. funnily enough the seat got fixed before that haha

Exactly that!

I won’t buy food in the ground until there is a suitable option for me. I know plenty of other vegan/veggie Shrimpers who feel the exact same.
No mickey taking here young man.

My old chum Mrs Browns Ghost, who sits by us in the West bank AKA "Glass half empty) who sometimes rants on here is a non binary vegan, who swears like a trooper so I was asking on his behalf.

Thank you.

Back