• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

The Priority for Cosu should be (I assume is) to maximise the match day profit .
Some improvements to match day income (such as cooked food in certain areas ie South upper) would be unlikely to make a profit considering the set up cost.

I do wonder if local "enterprises" see the change of attitude around RH as a chance to make a bit for themselves and are maybe pushing costs up a bit , or possible the name SUFC still means unpaid bills (it would do if they use credit checks before entering agreements) meaning that any works needing doing are proving more expensive than most .

Personally , sorting out a pre match income stream in the car park would seem the first fix , however as the Car park seems to be full on match days , there is the opportunity cost to be taken into account when stripping out a large number of parking spaces to accommodate anything .

We could really do with a low cost , high earner somewhere.....

Perhaps if Cosu were to list their plans , with what they need to achieve each objective , it may help

1) in keeping the fanbase abreast of their aims
2) maybe being able get some assistance or fundraise for specific projects , so that the burden on the consortium is reduced.
Something I have once again brought up is the lack of communication from COSU or the club hierarchy re the total silence about any future plans or in fact any updates at all since the takeover. I agree 100% people would get onside if only they knew what were the plans.

All I get back is " We are planning things and hope to get a fans liason board sorted some time soon.

When exactly is soon? Weeks not months?

Last edited:
Something I have once again brought up is the lack of communication from COSU or the club hierarchy re the total silence about any future plans or in fact any updates at all since the takeover. I agree 100% people would get onside if only they knew what were the plans.

All I get back is " We are planning things and hope to get a fans liason board sorted some time soon.
Each consortium member gave us their vision & plans for the next 5 years at the cliffs pavilion so don’t see that as a lack of communication with supporters . Plus remembering the take over was only completed a short time ago I’m sure in the coming weeks when the dust has settled over Roots Hall we will get an update on how things are going with the team & work around the ground

[/QUOTE]

East stand entrance up the stairs into the east greens, the tv bracket on the wall needs to be removed, plenty of times I’ve seen people bang their head on it
Or even better, put a new tv up?
After sorting out the lack of a match feed.

We had the cliffs pavilion you Wally ! What more do you want !!!! We could have not had a club at all blah blah blah

We know what is planned, what we don't know is when . COSU know what they are doing and are genuine Southend United supporters. Quite possibly only the minimum needs will be dealt with at the moment, for major works they can't suddenly close parts of the ground once the season has started. After all they have only had control of the Club for 6 weeks or just over. I know we all want everything done at once, but that isn't possible.

They will have learned not to issue timelines, some go into meltdown when they are not met. Just let COSU be, I am confident all they said at the Cliffs will happen, just not as quickly as we all want.

We know what is planned, what we don't know is when .

Do we? We’ve got some idea, sure, but there hasn’t been a clear working plan conveyed to fans as far as I’m aware.

COSU know what they are doing and are genuine Southend United supporters. Quite possibly only the minimum needs will be dealt with at the moment, for major works they can't suddenly close parts of the ground once the season has started.
After all they have only had control of the Club for 6 weeks or just over. I know we all want everything done at once, but that isn't possible.

So far the minimums aren’t being met. Why is there a lack of soap in the toilet? The match-going-experience thread is full of minimum/basic things that haven’t been addressed yet. We’re not talking about rebuilding stands or assembling a team of superstars, we’re talking about easy, cheap fixes that for some reason haven’t been actioned.

They will have learned not to issue timelines, some go into meltdown when they are not met. Just let COSU be, I am confident all they said at the Cliffs will happen, just not as quickly as we all want.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not turning against the consortium & I’m of course grateful for all they’ve done. They saved us from going out of business. This isn’t personal. But If we’ve learned anything from Ron’s tenure, it’s that we as fans need to be able to hold owners to account. That can only be a good thing for our club moving forward.

A statement/line of communication is more than overdue, IMO.

Interesting that a number of the suggestions are cost but no financial gain .
Given the, now obvious, Financial limitations of a consortium of little free funds , massive debt and extensive running costs, should the club be enhancing the "experience" for those already in the ground or concentrating on increasing the income streams (Matchday or otherwise)

Given the, now obvious, Financial limitations of a consortium of little free funds , massive debt and extensive running costs, should the club be enhancing the "experience" for those already in the ground or concentrating on increasing the income streams (Matchday or otherwise)
Some don’t have financial gain but little things like the seat numbering suggestion is £500 and some volunteers but it’s a little thing that moves the club forward a bit and gives a sense of progress. Other things related to food should bring in some margin, even if just enough to pay for fixing toilets or buying toilet roll.

It does feel after the promise of more engagement that it’s gone quiet. I’d have thought that Tom would be keen to sit down with a group to discuss ideas. Most companies would give their right arm to have a customer base that were so engaged, full of ideas and even volunteering to help.

It's a fair comment. However, if the basics aren't done and the "experience" for those in the ground improved, then by next season these 8,000+ crowds will soon be down to 5,000 again. You need to look after your current customers, as they will be the first in line next season to fork out £400, as long as their experience this season has been a good one. At the moment, we can't even take a **** in private, wash our hands or get a beer/food in a timely fashion.

COSU need to get a grip of these basic issues quickly, before these thousands of extra customers are put off returning next season. Oldham are a perfect example of not grasping the moment, before the wave crashes.

Well on that, my question to the those running the match day operations , how much was made from the approx 1500 away supporters who have visited RH across the 3 games so far, it does not always cost that much in time or money to maximise that income.
Because some of the clubs we take large numbers to imo will and some will not see it as an excellent earnings opportunity if they possess any organisational abilities ! Which camp are we in? I suspect home supporters matchday takings are up purely because we want to help to increase matchday takings helping to improve our clubs finances and not because of any improvements.

At least you are getting something back. I am still hearing nothing at all!

Well on that, my question to the those running the match day operations , how much was made from the approx 1500 away supporters who have visited RH across the 3 games so far, it does not always cost that much in time or money to maximise that income.
Because some of the clubs we take large numbers to imo will and some will not see it as an excellent earnings opportunity if they possess any organisational abilities ! Which camp are we in? I suspect home supporters matchday takings are up purely because we want to help to increase matchday takings helping to improve our clubs finances and not because of any improvements.
It is probably 20 years since I last saw it, but isn't there like a roadside truckers cafe style facility in the north bank? I have no idea of its condition, but assume not terrific!

However, I believe we don't sell alcohol in the away end, which seems an oversight to me. We'd certainly have sold a good few drinks to away fans in the three home games we've played so far. Seems a very easy thing to introduce!

Back