• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

Decent food served in a timely manner would be a big earner.

I am not sure if the club run the food stalls or if they are subbed out but they are clearly not fit for purpose.

It seems like every other NL team has a dish they are famous for. Why can’t we?

I am not sure if the club run the food stalls or if they are subbed out but they are clearly not fit for purpose.

Not sure what the food offering is like in other stands but East Reds food outlet has no cooking facilities. They have re-heating trays which keep the burgers warm (supposedly) and warm the hotdogs. Is this the same for the other stands or can you see the burgers actually getting cooked.

I'm not sure too much will change drastically in our food until stands are remodeled offering unless they allow some food wagons on site in a new fanzone area.

Not sure what the food offering is like in other stands but East Reds food outlet has no cooking facilities. They have re-heating trays which keep the burgers warm (supposedly) and warm the hotdogs. Is this the same for the other stands or can you see the burgers actually getting cooked.

I'm not sure too much will change drastically in our food until stands are remodeled offering unless they allow some food wagons on site in a new fanzone area.
Ok so why not have some decent pies rather than the very cheapest burgers/sausages known to man?

Never quite got half time “entertainment”. Surely clubs want their fans to frequent the bars and kiosks rather than try and keep them in their seats.
Not everyone will and half time entertainment aligns to the 'improved match day experience'. Well, it does in theory. Whether it does is down to the individual.

Obviously, things like toilets and refreshments are of utmost importance but I'd like to see some changes to the North Stand, if we are to continue to have away fans in there. To make RH a tougher place for opponents, we need to maximise the sound coming from our fans and reduce the sound coming from away support.

We all know how good the acoustics are in the North Stand and only a small group can make a lot of noise. If there is a relatively cheap way of stifling the sound of away fans in that stand it would weaken their support for their team.
Remove the roof!

The music was so loud in the East yesterday - it was impossible to have a conversation, even with the person sitting next to you. I know some fans complained to the steward who said they needed to e-mail the club. Apparently there had been comments that people couldn't hear so they turned it up - I assume that was the announcements, I have never had a problem hearing them but surely that doesn't necessitate the massive increase in volume for the pre match and half time music. @They Call It Madness!!! can you please help ? On a positive note, it was great that King Kev's surname was finally correctly announced.

When I mentioned this on another forum the PA guy replied that the levels were preset and implied that it was therefore out of his control!

Agreed. Who chooses the music by the way?

Elton John and the Beatles before kick off? I'm a fan of both but neither suited pre match at roots hall.

No Moyet after the game either?

Just seems like such an afterthought.
@Yer Blues To be fair at the opening match of the season, its the only one I've managed to get to, he did play The Theme tune to "The Hill Street Blues" followed by Blue by Alison Moyet.

Is that a call for a shrimp sandwich , then progressing to the prawn cocktail, my preference of course is the smoke salmon and creme cheese bagel . I agree Cyril move a local bakery and brewery onto Roots Hall, RHB roots hall brewery, roots hall bakery , roots hall banqueting and banking, roots hall business !

The Priority for Cosu should be (I assume is) to maximise the match day profit .
Some improvements to match day income (such as cooked food in certain areas ie South upper) would be unlikely to make a profit considering the set up cost.

I do wonder if local "enterprises" see the change of attitude around RH as a chance to make a bit for themselves and are maybe pushing costs up a bit , or possible the name SUFC still means unpaid bills (it would do if they use credit checks before entering agreements) meaning that any works needing doing are proving more expensive than most .

Personally , sorting out a pre match income stream in the car park would seem the first fix , however as the Car park seems to be full on match days , there is the opportunity cost to be taken into account when stripping out a large number of parking spaces to accommodate anything .

We could really do with a low cost , high earner somewhere.....

Perhaps if Cosu were to list their plans , with what they need to achieve each objective , it may help

1) in keeping the fanbase abreast of their aims
2) maybe being able get some assistance or fundraise for specific projects , so that the burden on the consortium is reduced.

Back