• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

Whilst I get you’re clearly taking the **** with these suggestions. A selection of food that caters for veggies and vegans would be much appreciated.

Chips would be a good easy start. I had a rainbow roll at AFC Wimbledon, it was a vegan take on a sausage roll and was so good I had a second.
I do agree especially with the vegans as there are lots of people who do now follow a vegan diet.

I don’t buy anything in the ground purely because I do not like the catering at the ground and I had an experience with their food several years ago and said I would not eat there again but, I do buy from Chip House or the M&S garage to take in with me which I would gladly drop if the facilities were good at the ground and also some of the staff need to address some hygiene as I have seen them handling some food without hand washing prior

Something which I thought of early was to perhaps get into Southend Councils ears and next time they do another art event like they did last weekend / are still doing is to maybe get some of the drawings done in and around the ground!?

They really improve the look of the area and look really good. They are plenty of “bare walls” in and around the ground that could be utilised.

Something which I thought of early was to perhaps get into Southend Councils ears and next time they do another art event like they did last weekend / are still doing is to maybe get some of the drawings done in and around the ground!?

They really improve the look of the area and look really good. They are plenty of “bare walls” in and around the ground that could be utilised.

As long as it’s tasteful and relevant.

Would hate to see something like Tamplin did at Billericay.

I don’t buy anything in the ground purely because I do not like the catering at the ground and I had an experience with their food several years ago and said I would not eat there again but, I do buy from Chip House or the M&S garage to take in with me which I would gladly drop if the facilities were good at the ground and also some of the staff need to address some hygiene as I have seen them handling some food without hand washing prior
I don't know if anyone else had this experience last home match but my lad was not allowed to take his Fish House purchase into the ground. He sits in the East Paddock Yellows. Likewise he doesn't like the food on offer and due to his mobility access to the concessions isn't viable anyway. Never been an issue before but the Stewards advised they have been instructed non Roots Hall purchased food has to be consumed before entry. I only mention as a warning to others, if that's the policy then no problem although the restriction as far as I am aware hasn't been communicated to well given that the practice hasn't been a problem previously.

I don't know if anyone else had this experience last home match but my lad was not allowed to take his Fish House purchase into the ground. He sits in the East Paddock Yellows. Likewise he doesn't like the food on offer and due to his mobility access to the concessions isn't viable anyway. Never been an issue before but the Stewards advised they have been instructed non Roots Hall purchased food has to be consumed before entry. I only mention as a warning to others, if that's the policy then no problem although the restriction as far as I am aware hasn't been communicated to well given that the practice hasn't been a problem previously.
I know that has happened before in the past, it's the first I have heard of now.

I sympathise totally with the call for chips, but there is nowhere currently in the ground outside of the hospitality kitchen, which is set up to cook chips safely. I did offer to look into the idea of hiring or buying industrial air fryers but that was during the RM later years and no-one, naturally, wanted to spend out.

Over all of my 30 years, I haven't often tried to get chips in the the ground, but was stopped on most occasions. It isn't a recent thing. Need to smuggle them inside a coat in the winter months.

Not any consolation though.

Tbh I thought one of the first and easiest things for the consortium to sort out is the food. The club is losing so much revenue due to the poor quality food offered and not opening all available food outlets.
We are near capacity every match so why not look to open the kiosk behind South Upper and the one in the family section of the West Stand?

That’s weird. Took my M&S meal deal in with no problems.

The problem with drinking anything in the ground is that you then run the risk of having to use the toilets. I can live with them being disgusting, but the general melee and scrum that is the East Stand at half-time is too much for me.
Toilets aren't disgusting. Its people that make them disgusting. Perhaps we need some Urinal targets with some club badges on so people get better with their aiming.

I'd imagine the queue to wash the hands in the sink forms much of the melee as there are 10 urinals and 2 cubicles yet only 2 sinks. Unless a lot of people are not washing their hands due to the lack of soap 🤔

I know the lack of soap has got everyone all lathered up but after Covid restrictions were lifted I was amazed at the number of people that did not wash their hands. So washing your hands is all well and good if you have magic powers and can open the door to the toilet without touching it because i'd say 7 out of 10 pee and flee. So all that careful handwashing results in back to square one again.

Myself personally, I bring by own alcoholic hand rub for use once I'm out of the toilets, but I've also mastered the art of not ****ing on my hands in the first place.

Toilets aren't disgusting. Its people that make them disgusting. Perhaps we need some Urinal targets with some club badges on so people get better with their aiming.

I'd imagine the queue to wash the hands in the sink forms much of the melee as there are 10 urinals and 2 cubicles yet only 2 sinks. Unless a lot of people are not washing their hands due to the lack of soap 🤔

I know the lack of soap has got everyone all lathered up but after Covid restrictions were lifted I was amazed at the number of people that did not wash their hands. So washing your hands is all well and good if you have magic powers and can open the door to the toilet without touching it because i'd say 7 out of 10 pee and flee. So all that careful handwashing results in back to square one again.

Myself personally, I bring by own alcoholic hand rub for use once I'm out of the toilets, but I've also mastered the art of not ****ing on my hands in the first place.
I think it is because the corridor there is no narrow, there are three ques which get mixed up (ladies, gents, refreshments), and those going in and out of the toilets have to share the same twisty entrance.
My non-scientific observation is that men very often don't bother with hand-washing.
The dryer is not ideally placed either, but space is very limited and the back of your trousers is ideal for drying your hands.
To a large extent you are right, and they are always going to be a bit grim because a lot of people use them in a very short period of time, and I am not sure that there is much that could be done anyway, apart from having portable toilets outside of the turnstile area.

well there’s not many military or nhs workers sitting around me it’s costing the club £s in lost sales
There's someone in the west family stand that has been in there for at least 20 yrs ,seems to have an endless supply of little ones !

Surely it's time to paint over the info all about the new stadium etc. above those pizza places.

Back