• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

Can we get rid of the ****ing ladder in the West up to the commentary/filming area….blocks the view for hundred of fans!

Can we get rid of the ****ing ladder in the West up to the commentary/filming area….blocks the view for hundred of fans!
As far as I'm aware, it's the only entrance and exit to the gantry.
Exactly. Not sure how they're supposed to get up or down from there otherwise?

Besides which, it would deprive us of our entertainment when opposition teams have people up there who really don't like the ladder!

Exactly. Not sure how they're supposed to get up or down from there otherwise?

Besides which, it would deprive us of our entertainment when opposition teams have people up there who really don't like the ladder!
Maybe, when/if the roof is replaced, there could be access to the platform via the rear of the West Stand. Mind you it would ruin the fun of watching a few hundred supporters craning their necks to peer round the ladder, dependent where the ball is.

As far as I'm aware, it's the only entrance and exit to the gantry.
I'm guessing the poster wanted to know if the ladder could be taken down during the match , but that would leave the people up there stranded

Reactions: RHB
I'm guessing the poster wanted to know if the ladder could be taken down during the match , but that would leave the people up there stranded
Yes of course I understand all the practicalities of getting people up and down to the gantry, it just is a fairly big view blocker. Obviously over the years you just get used to it. It won’t be cheap sorting out alternative access and prob not going to be top of the club’s priorities but just a little bit of an annoyance for me and many others I suspect.

If it is the only 'in and out' then I doubt H&S would let it be moveable. I'm not sure I would want to stranded in front of an asbestos roof if a fire broke out.

Yes of course I understand all the practicalities of getting people up and down to the gantry, it just is a fairly big view blocker. Obviously over the years you just get used to it. It won’t be cheap sorting out alternative access and prob not going to be top of the club’s priorities but just a little bit of an annoyance for me and many others I suspect.
Maybe if/when the East stand is redeveloped a new TV gantry can build into that and the ladder removed from the West gantry

If it is the only 'in and out' then I doubt H&S would let it be moveable. I'm not sure I would want to stranded in front of an asbestos roof if a fire broke out.
Im pretty sure asbestos is exactly what you want near you in a fire. as opposed to the kindling that is the East Stand .

@OldBlueLady I don't remember Motty having a ladder there back in 1979. And I was stood in line with the halfway line!
I wasn't in the West that far back so couldn't comment. Weren't the cameras for that match actually on top of the stand, on a specially built gantry, so may have been accessed differently? I have a feeling what is there now was added after that.

I wasn't in the West that far back so couldn't comment. Weren't the cameras for that match actually on top of the stand, on a specially built gantry, so may have been accessed differently? I have a feeling what is there now was added after that.

I seem to remember some scaffolding over the roof. So access from the rear of the West.

Not sure if that could be done now without further support going through the roof. Which would negate the removal of the ladder.

If it tastes good and animals haven’t suffered during its production where is the downside? We don’t stop eating meat because we don’t enjoy sausage rolls or Cornish pasties, we stop because we’ve realised that it’s not necessary for animals to suffer and die to sustain our own lives.

Where as I have gone the opposite way and now have very low carbs, no dairy or fruit. Meat fish and green veg is the key to much healthier diet and can cure long term medical issues......The best bit you lose weight without giving up the beer.

Obviously I don't buy any food at RH as I don't eat meat substitute.

Last edited:
Back