• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Shower of **** FC… Who did you play for?

I’ve actually lost count of the number of teams I’ve played for. I’ll try to list them out.

Two memorable ones of note. Leigh Rangers under 13. Not only were we utter sheite we were managed by a (later convicted) kiddy fiddler. I never participated but some of the team joined in weekend ‘trophy making’. It was years before I found out the truth. Then my current club out here. Godfathers super vets in a cup final. Came on as sub, after 30 seconds got fouled (defender climbing all over me). Ref blew the whistle, their players moved back for the free kick. I got a yellow card and the kick went the other way much to everyone’s laughter. 30 seconds after that I tweaked hamstring. Game over!

At 58 I haven’t actually played this season (only two games in). I’m genuinely looking for one more game before hanging up the boots but our games tend to be 9pm Ko on a Monday night! Waiting for a rare Friday version. I’ll still have the annual 7s tour next April.

I’m guessing somewhere over 20 clubs when I get them written down.

South church Hall old Scholars, Ekco, Thundersley and Hadleigh, BKS Sports , Invacar (Greeves motorcycles) and once as a 'ringer' for Leigh Ramblers..... I am now 68 years old!

A committed agnostic, in 1969/70 I played up front for the Catholic Society in the Newcastle University Intra-Mural League Division 6 and couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo, apart from one game when I scored 2 own goals defending corners. My playing career ended on the international stage in 1988 in an "Alte Herren" (seniors) match in Germany coming on as a second-half substitute for the British Forces King's School Gütersloh staff against the local RAF seniors team. I scored with a stunning flicked header from a corner which was later chalked off when the ref realised that no one from my team had actually gone off when I came on as sub and we had 12 men on the pitch. Compared with me Brandon Goodship would look like Erling Haaland. I talk a good game, though!

Spent my early years in the Borough combination. Started at Westcliff Amateur 2nd team for 3 seasons till they folded then the first team for a season in the prem.
Moved onto Leigh Times for a few years playing for John Guy.
Then moved to Sunday's and played for Artic FC for a season or 2 before moving onto Belvedere FC in the Southend and District league. Had 2 or 3 good years there, double promotion, cup final at Roots Hall. Had a couple of years off then went back to Belvedere Sunday team for a couple of years
Final season was with SZFC, broke my leg mid season and that was me done.

Westcliff Amateur 2nds and Artic were the shower of Sh*t and Leigh Times weren't much better to be honest

Looks like a good post outside of transfer rumours. Sufc fans best personal footballing successes ?
Possibly as player-manager of two different teams in winning the Pickles Cup (in London) in 1991 and 1993.
Less glorious moments for Homestead (1976) and Southend Collegians (1980/81) - though I did score direct from a corner for SC 3rds in early '81. Quite chuffed to still be playing, albeit walking football (aged 63) for Penwith Nomads - we won the over 60s West Cornwall tourno in the summer. There are, of course, no easy games at this level.

Back