• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Shower of **** FC… Who did you play for?

Random teams of the day: I played for Abergele United, Bodelwyddan Town and St Asaph City.

Now manage Gwaelod Rangers Girls U10s (Cardiff) and hoping to get a tour to the Essex Riviera next year. So if anyone knows of any tournaments local to Southend for next year give me a PM

Junior - Thundersley Rovers, Benfleet Juniors
(got battered by Rayleigh Boys in a cup final at Roots Hall)
Adult - Milton Athletic, Kingsfield Casuals
Now back at Thundersley Rovers, coaching kids

Managed and played for the mighty Prittlewell Lion in the Southend Sunday League in the mid-eighties.
Less said about the football the better but we had real fun. We were the nearest football team to Roots Hall , out of the Golden Lion.
We were smokin' if you get my drift.

Started as a 11 year old and played for stambridge Utd, then hawkwell athletic where Frankie banks coached us at times, Norwich city football club, catholic United many times on and off, Southend manor, great wakering rovers, hullbridge sports, then vets football for foulness, catholic United, railway academicals, Britannia fc, and still playing now after just coming back from a 3 year’s absence due to injuries and aching to much after games, the body still aches running after the 20 year olds for the work team, not sure how long it will last but I’m game. Sorry left Rochford sports out of that lot.

Bounced around a few teams as a youngster.

Fairfax Rangers
Ecko Whitecaps
Fleetwood Boys

Coached/Helped run the clubs for over 10 years at Southend Manor and more recently Old Southendian.

Hullbridge Sports (often had Peter Taylor take sessions) and Rayleigh Boys as a kid. Then Ralee from 17 - 36yo. Vets for Diablo before packing it in at the start of this year.

Another blast from the past !
Alan (R.I.P) was a family friend and went to school with His daughter.
Yesterday I mentioned Alan in a different thread relating to the Southend 4 Newport 2 game in 1977. He was the Dad of my mate that I’d gone with to that game. A great man who gave so much time to boys football.

I played with Bournes Green Park Rangers between approx 1975 78 under Alan Veitch(sp) as manager. I remember having to play a 'year up' due to low numbers in the team.
I played for Bournes Green in 1977 and we had a mixture of ages as I recall. We got put in a “B” division in the Thundermite League and absolutely p***ed it.

Back