• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Shower of **** FC… Who did you play for?

Playing for St Albans Romans managed to pick up a yellow in the first half AND a straight red in the second half. With my subs 60ish minutes of Saturday morning football cost me sixty quid

I would've been around 82 to 86 ISH (u11 to u15's ?). Dynamos B team - although we famously beat the A team in the 5 a side final at Wickford carnival one year. Home pitch was a field down Cranfield park road and Saltcoats in south woodham. Might also have been at memorial park for abit as well. Trained in nevendon park and Beauchamps school tarmac tennis court!
I was in the 90s. I was a Rayleigh lad, so went to the dark side for the Dynamos. We played near Runwell Hospital, training at least. Can’t even remember where the game pitch was. Odd place though.

I finished 35yrs of football at Shrimperzone 2nds. Pretty much rubbish and i wasnt much better at 42yrs old but WHAT AN HONOUR bestowed .
Lasted till about February when i went down thinking i'd been shot holding my knee. My first serious injury in 35yrs !

Taught by Anton outalakowski as a kid. Great in the playground at school. Never played properly until my late 20s. Debuted for wakehurst tigers in the NSW 1st division. Scored the perfect hatrick on my debut. Didn't score many after that, injured for the grand final. Lost fitness, played in the reserves and retired gracefully !

I played for Rochford Congregational Church in a little church league they did for the bored kids every Sunday.

Managed to go the full season as the only player not to score a goal. They let me take a penalty in the last match and I ended up tearing the ligaments in my knee on my way to missing the penalty.

We need photographic evidence. This is Eastwood Old Boys 1st XI the year we won Div 4 of the Borough Comb, which started a charge up the Divisions to Div 1.

1726856228827.jpeg

Documenting 35yrs of my footy goes like this..
Wickford Rangers
Rayleigh Boys
Rettendon Ath
Seevic college
Great Baddow
Canvey Island res
White Ensign
Hanningfield Ath
Hanningfield veterans
Wickford Town vets
Shrimperzone 2nd

I bet ive played against some on here. Love seeing the old clubs being mentioned, brings back good memories. Played in most Essex leagues, if not all, Sats and Sundays.

Taught by Anton outalakowski as a kid. Great in the playground at school. Never played properly until my late 20s. Debuted for wakehurst tigers in the NSW 1st division. Scored the perfect hatrick on my debut. Didn't score many after that, injured for the grand final. Lost fitness, played in the reserves and retired gracefully !
Had a training session with Anton!
Thought we were all contortionist!
I now get the throw in!

Played for over 40 years starting at Leigh Ramblers before brief stint with Monarchs but even though SUFC home games were normally Friday then I did not like playing Saturday. So switched to Sutton Sports who I played for for well over 25 years finishing with the vets before moving to Chalkwell United. Finally quite about 10 years ago when my knees were still hurting on Monday night despite developing my short passing game in an effort to beat the pain.

Pleased to say the last time I played it was at Roots Hall which seems a far bigger pitch when playing on it but it was a great way to finish.

Back