• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

And if this could be organised, those of us not in the country or able to get there could contribute financially to do our bit.
It looks like it would likely to be in the region of 1.5k to do this from what I’m told.

Is anyone willing to climb the water tower opposite to display a banner?

If so I have a Spiderman costume they can borrow but I will need it back afterwards.
can see why they call you "Mad" Cyril. You're one crazy mofo!

Personally I believe this should be the first of many protests arranged. Every Saturday until he has sold up. It'll soon ramp up. He may hide this weekend but he can't hide on all of them.
This won’t be a once and done unless Ron has sold. The groups will meet Monday to debrief formally but there will be constant contact with all the groups before then.

Is anyone willing to climb the water tower opposite to display a banner?

If so I have a Spiderman costume they can borrow but I will need it back afterwards.
I only said you could borrow it for your “special” occasion, I do need it back. Did you still need the Batman suit for next weekend?

Driving from Wickford is this the road that goes from the A127 Rayleigh Weir to the A13 London Road?

No, that’s Rayleigh Road, but go that way then straight over the roundabout onto Benfleet Road. down the road about 3/4 mile right hand side

Last edited by a moderator:
As a late convert to the Idea of a démo, (only because I didn't believe It would change his mind) I wish you very good luck. I really now want to cause him maximum inconvenience, as he has done with our club. Large poster boards or moving publicity (Aka 'led by donkeys') sounds a great Idea but I don't know (in modern advertising terms) how long It would take to set up. As the situation is so fluid and changeable it risks being out of date before the campaign hits the streets. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you gain maximum publicity for the cause.

I have never in my life been on a protest but I feel so strongly about all of this and a love for the club that I shall be popping over at some point tomorrow to show my support with everyone else
probably won’t make a difference but will make me feel as if I contributing something
Same here mate, me and my son will be there at some point tomorrow.

I definitely agree with the above comments about getting an ex player there. Cox would be brilliant? Unsure if any would be up for it

When I worked in the NHS we used to occassionally do a coordinated storm of twitter posts to try to get something trending - that then is more likely to get picked up by the media rather than them showing direct interest. Tagging Simon Cox is a good call, as he (used to have) / has a fairly big following and he knows a lot of people in football! Also tag other supporters trusts in other clubs! We know that Chesterfield went through similar issues and they may help and I sure Blackpool, Coventry, Oldham and many others would join in.

Just a thought, in addition to this is there a large billboard anywhere near his home? I think the campaign by "Led by donkeys" like the image below has been quite powerful and he'd hate seeing his face up on a billboard as kind of a wanted poster ("Con Martin: Wanted for killing Southend United")

I think they also used powerful projectors to project stuff up onto public buildings.

Just a thought....

View attachment 27295
Remember when that message was put atop the building opposite Roots Hall a couple months back. He was not happy at all

Back