• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. Maher,Currie,Bentley.

Hard to say anything different. But absolutely made up with these three. each one went through the interview process and have been selected for their particular roles based on experience, knowledge, passion, drive, you name it. This isn’t a team that has gone from team to team together, they are a new coaching team selected for a reason to work as ONE. Let’s not kid ourselves we’ve got to get ourselves out of trouble first and consolidate and then push on. But in these three we’ve given ourselves a chance. Hopefully all this PB nonsense of trying to get rid of a sim will be forgotten and Currie in particular can get the best out of him as he has before. Well done @StanleyVictorCollymore and thank you

Three chefs. Now for some fresh ingredients ASAP please. Some of the current ones are passed the sell by date.

Outside Wembley when we won promotion with Phil Brown. Congrats Kev i am so proud of you. To think back in the old days some dinosaurs used to yell out "crab" to you, wtf did they know about football eh. To have Currie and Benno by your side AND Stan knocking about, it feels like we just can't fail. What a lift this football club will have now. I know i said i would not go and watch us play in the National league, well i'm going back on my word. Cant wait to go to Roots Hall and give the boys my backing. Here is where the rot stops.
FB_IMG_1464809030567.jpg

Amazing! I’ll support King Kev. This should inject some energy back into the football club. Family day at Roots Hall and away we go!

They better start thinking what they can do with the current squad. We are in a relegation fight and need to win games quickly.
I’m not even sure that’s true. Still a long way to go and even if it takes a while to start winning I’m confident we’ll do enough to survive. We need to win quickly if we want a strong mid table or sneak in the playoffs.

First i would like to say a big THANKYOU to SVC, you have to back to my club been put down by many but persisted and finally i can see us coming out of the dark ages and becoming a modern progressive club with a future.Once again Thankyou Stanley Victor Collymore . Now i would like to Welcome KM, DC and MB two are already Southend Legends in their playing days and DC a man who has already managed in the NL with success . My wish is that the 3 of you can Gel as brothers ,help each other and make my club a success ,i believe you can. Lastly to the supporters ,you have a major part to play in all this ,be supporting of the team ,be patient dont expect miracles to begin with,my view is hopefully to avoid relegation this season and then to move forward from next season , I have said many times right from the time we got relegated into the NL that it would take us 2 to 3 seasons minimum to really have a promotional push. To wake up here in the Philippines with such good news has made my day. Im now 75 years old not a day goes by i dont wish i could be in the stand watching the club i love with all my heart . Good luck fellas ,wish you all every success .

The point is that we still have the same team. Remember everyone on here has said that it is the worse bunch of players ever. They have a huge job on their hands. I wish them luck.
It will take time for them to assemble their own team but I am sure these 3 will also get more out of our existing players now the Busses have been removed from the car park.

Welcome home King Kev and Benno and welcome to our club Darren.

Massive thank you Sir Stanley you have certainly delivered and I'll be even more impressed when you get us Jack Grealish as you promised on another thread ?

King Kev’s finest moments as a Southend Player.

1 - that tackle drive and pass to Wayne Gray versus Bristol City

2 - Lifting the trophy in Cardiff on his brothers wedding day

3 - Lifting the Chanpions trophy at Roots Hall the following season

4 - that performance and those goals in the 5-0 demolition of QPR.

5 - signing as first team coach.

if anyone is in any doubt as to what Kev brought to the club that game against QPR is available in full on YouTube. That was an extraordinary single performance but it underlines the determination that he had as a player, the leadership he had as a captain, his ability to do the simple as well as the sublime, his willingness to always try to make himself an outlet for the player on the ball. That single 5 seconds against Bristol City, the tackle, the drive forward and the lay off I’ll watch that moment again and again for the rest of my life

if we get 10 per cent of that rubbing off in his new role we will make a 100 per cent improvement on the pitch.

Pleased with the appointments and wish all three all the best in turning us around this season. I hope that, this time, the club sticks by Kev, Currie and Bentley as I think things will be tough for a month or so at least before any positive benefits will be seen. I'd like to think this is the end of Ron chasing sugar hits with new managers and hopefully we'll see him allow a longer term plan to play out.

Legend definition directly from the dictionary so it must be true

noun
1)
a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
"the legend of King Kevin"
2) an extremely famous person, such as Kevin Maher, especially in a particular field.
3) Kevin Maher

Back