• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. Maher,Currie,Bentley.

I would like to see some enigmatic Sol Campbell type social media posts from Kev and the gang.
In all seriousness, I'd like to think this heralds a new dawn in terms of professionalism when it comes to information coming from the club. Post-match interviews should be much improved also. No throwing players under the bus or getting the name of the team wrong. Leading by example.

Just watched that QPR match, what a great performance. here's a link if you want to watch again

Enjoyed watching this again this morning.

My best memory of this game was finding a £1 coin on the floor on the way to the game and my dad said he'd put a bet on for me. so as a joke I said 5-0 but when we got to the betting window in the east stand I asked my dad to put a bet on 2-1 (or something basic) but he made me bet on the 5-0 at 50/1

I WAS FUMING!! so much that my dad told me, if it finished 2-1 he would pay me what I would have won.

ANYWAY! fast forward 90 minutes and the rest is history as they say.

As everyone has said , really positive news.
And if we did loose the next 5 games I think 90%+ would understand and would still be positive during the match and would give the team support

We are such a low, EVERYONE knows how bad it is on the pitch, it should be obvious it will take time to change.

I just hope that if somehow we win the next three ( I know, madness) , that expectations don’t get silly

as others have said, let’s just enjoy it for as long as we can.

SUFC “professional “ football club

1 thing I am bit surprised with is currie being assistant to maher.... personally i would of thought currie would of held out for manager job at another national league club. Fair play to currie for taking the job, guess he just wants to get back into football in whatever capacity that is.

Meh.. but good luck. Purse & pigs ear.. let’s see what occurs

As everyone has said , really positive news.
And if we did loose the next 5 games I think 90%+ would understand and would still be positive during the match and would give the team support

We are such a low, EVERYONE knows how bad it is on the pitch, it should be obvious it will take time to change.

I just hope that if somehow we win the next three ( I know, madness) , that expectations don’t get silly

as others have said, let’s just enjoy it for as long as we can.

SUFC “professional “ football club

Not everyone!

Only time will tell on this appointment

will remain behind the team and lets see how this will develop, not getting excited like some on here,some are smacking their monkeys like the world is going to end

lets look again in 6-8 weeks time

I would just like to echo the majority of positive comments and say thanks to SVC for injecting some urgency for change.

I was hard to see how our downfall was going to be stopped but a little bit of positivity & communication goes a long long way.

Love the fact we have a much more modern setup for the 1st team now and I really hope these types of changes continue for the rest of the club now.

Good luck to Kevin, Darren & Mark!

I would just like to echo the majority of positive comments and say thanks to SVC for injecting some urgency for change.

I was hard to see how our downfall was going to be stopped but a little bit of positivity & communication goes a long long way.

Love the fact we have a much more modern setup for the 1st team now and I really hope these types of changes continue for the rest of the club now.

Good luck to Kevin, Darren & Mark!
KDM’s Blue n White Army??

Currie would've been my choice as manager so to have a new structure and have him come in with Maher and Bentley is great.

With Martin still here, nothing is certain but if.... he remains in the background and finally lets others to run the football side until the stadium is done so he can move on, then I think that's a compromise.

Brown came in permanently before the CEO then the whole Ricky Duncan Director of Football nonsense so was always a weird balance.

Regardless of what happens, Collymore has bought something new to the table and christ that needed to happen.

1 thing I am bit surprised with is currie being assistant to maher.... personally i would of thought currie would of held out for manager job at another national league club. Fair play to currie for taking the job, guess he just wants to get back into football in whatever capacity that is.

Perhaps Currie can see something special is happening at Southend United and wanted in regardless of whether he was head coach or ball boy?

Perhaps Currie can see something special is happening at Southend United and wanted in regardless of whether he was head coach or ball boy?
Iv listened to podcast with Darren currie, he comes across as someone who is motivated by becoming successful manager. I'm not complaining..... currie is very good addiction with national league experience.

Only time will tell on this appointment

will remain behind the team and lets see how this will develop, not getting excited like some on here,some are smacking their monkeys like the world is going to end

lets look again in 6-8 weeks time
I bet you wouldn’t spend a pound if you won the lottery.

A....MAZE....ING darlings!

Fantastic news.

Due to Ryanair's ever changing schedule I can't get over to see this myself until Maidenhead at home on 23rd November, but truly cannot wait for this.

The last time I felt this good about SUFC was immediately after the Sunderland match..... god, how long ago was that??!!

Every year I put on a couple of ten pound wagers for the lad and me.... one to win the league and another to win promotion. This is the first time since after the Kings Lynn game that I've thought that this was a sensible idea!

Thanks to Sir Stanley, with whom I had a few words before the Eastleigh match when he happily let me take a pic of Himself with my lad Steve.

Resized_20211005_193851.jpeg

Sorry, if it's been said, but I'm a bit short of time to scroll back through eight pages to find out how it works?
Maher is the head coach, and Bentley and Currie are doing what. exactly?
Is it thought Stan might hint/reveal at the Zoom meeting what he might do for Blues in the future, not that I want to come across as greedy!
It will be interesting to see in January how many of the current squad are here because they're wanted.
The coaching team looks fine, but that squad...?

Back