• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. Maher,Currie,Bentley.

When KM was in charge at Chelmsford City it was very noticeable that he favoured an attacking style of football, it was very similar to the Tilly/Brush ethics, KM obviously learnt a lot from that era.
What formation did he favour at Chelmsford?

Only time will tell on this appointment

will remain behind the team and lets see how this will develop, not getting excited like some on here,some are smacking their monkeys like the world is going to end

lets look again in 6-8 weeks time
Feel bit sad for people that cant get excited about stuff like this.

6-8 weeks of hype and excitement you are missing out on whilst you sit on your hands waiting for it all to fail I guess.

Things had to change and they did.
Stan deserves praise because even an old hype resistant cynic like me has to acknowledge that these three could not have been brought to the club without SVC's involvement.
And this is costing and it seems Ron is stumping up the cash so I am more than happy to raise my hat to RM in appreciation of his backing.
Success is never guaranteed in football so who knows what the future holds.
And while success may not be guaranteed with Phil in charge failure pretty much was!
I take it by all the posts on here that all have forgiven Ron. The Banner has been foled nicely and stored away until next year. Football supporters are so fickle.

As everyone has said , really positive news.
And if we did loose the next 5 games I think 90%+ would understand and would still be positive during the match and would give the team support

We are such a low, EVERYONE knows how bad it is on the pitch, it should be obvious it will take time to change.

I just hope that if somehow we win the next three ( I know, madness) , that expectations don’t get silly

as others have said, let’s just enjoy it for as long as we can.

SUFC “professional “ football club
What is the matter with you?? We can not afford to lose the next 5 matches. We are in a relegation fight already. There has got to be an improvement from Saturday.

1 thing I am bit surprised with is currie being assistant to maher.... personally i would of thought currie would of held out for manager job at another national league club. Fair play to currie for taking the job, guess he just wants to get back into football in whatever capacity that is.
I agree that Currie's willingness to serve as Maher's number 2 is surprising. But it may be shaped by several things. Firstly, he knows and apparently respects Maher from their days together at Dagenham and may feel he can work with him on an near equal basis. Secondly, I have had the feeling for some time that Currie genuinely wanted the Southend job and while he did not get the Head Coach position he originally wanted he may see this is as an opportunity to show what he can do at a club which he probably regards as a bit of a 'sleeping giant'. I think SC sold the idea to Currie on the basis that Maher would have the final word in the decision-making process in relation to team matters but he would be otherwise fully involved and can expect to have a big input on all footballing matters.

Last edited:
I bet you wouldn’t spend a pound if you won the lottery.
well not on you that's for sure
Feel bit sad for people that cant get excited about stuff like this.

6-8 weeks of hype and excitement you are missing out on whilst you sit on your hands waiting for it all to fail I guess.
well you guessed wrong then, why would I want it to fail having followed the club since 1975 that would be the last thing I would want.. with the disappointment we have had to endure over the last 3 or 4 years I just don't get corks popping over yet another manager being put in place, I find that kind of sad...…….lets hope this trio can get us back to the dizzy heights of yesteryear...…….but that will take time and money

well not on you that's for sure

well you guessed wrong then, why would I want it to fail having followed the club since 1975 that would be the last thing I would want.. with the disappointment we have had to endure over the last 3 or 4 years I just don't get corks popping over yet another manager being put in place, I find that kind of sad...…….lets hope this trio can get us back to the dizzy heights of yesteryear...…….but that will take time and money
Watch the Stan video

Kevin maher was a great player and so was mark bently who came from non league to us. And both are winners and with Darren currie as well the future is now looking bright. The new tilly and brush

Kevin maher was a great player and so was mark bently who came from non league to us. And both are winners and with Darren currie as well the future is now looking bright. The new tilly and brush
Songs not as catchy anymore tho

"Going up with maher, currie, benno and stan and the new head of recruitment"

Reactions: GBJ
Back