• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News National League Statement

I'm sorry to say this ... if we go all the way to August 24th without paying our debts, we will get relegated.

Our current team won't pick up many (if any) points from the first 4 games so we could be bottom of the league on -10

We need the debt paid yesterday so we can bring players in
Rubbish! We will pick up points!! We have lost Chris wreh only and benton,hardley going to affect us going forward.We finished 7th last season with this group of players who are tried and tested at this level,we haven't lost a preseason friendly and confidence in the squad must be high.

I really don’t think RM will care about this statement one little bit. He doesn’t care what happens to us. I believe he wanted the club wound up and had no intention of selling, what he didn’t bargain for was the amount of support that has been given to us from our fans and football family. He is now facing the reality that he has to sell, but is acting like a petulant child that didn’t get his own way.

So does point b) in the statement come into effect immediately, or from 23/8/23?
My understanding and interpretation is that the league will issue us with a 10 point deduction if we do not pay what is due and 10 points thereafter on every due pay day so hence we could be looking at an overall point deduction of about 40-50 during this season

Let’s all hope the sooner a deal is done the better

Good statement in many ways. Clear that the Club has cleared the debts owed to football creditors. Cant but help wonder who they actually were in the end and how much ? let alone who paid as such. Presumably the club following release from court application . How come we had the funds in the account then? and if so why not release earlier and pay staff etc

That leaves the HMRC debt to be cleared in FULL by 23rd August. Can someone clarify whether this is around £250k or includes the other parties to the HMRC proceedings and therefore could be a 6 figure sum comfortably according to some ? Plus the view that HMRC further debt has been accruing fast but Im not so sure it would be as big as some figures bandied about, but perhaps so

The way it reads is that if all liability to HMRC isn’t paid in full by 23/8 then there will be a 10 point deduction.Don’t think there is any ambiguity whatsoever.

Debts to HMRC will be whatever remains of the WUO which probably will be circa £250k. My guess is that on top of that will be everything accumulated from March say wages are £150k a month then it’s tax and NIC deducted which almost certainly with employers NIC be at least £200k .
As I have said before I don’t know when SUFCs accounting period ends and yes you have to factor in both inputs and outputs but some big attendances at the back end of 22/23 season, ST income etc and I think ( not 100% sure ) that VAT will be due on the money paid recently from the PL. So purely a guess I would estimate another £75k VAT.

My guestimate would be at least £250k on top meaning by 23 / likely to be £500k. needs to be found

RM suggested pressing debts were £1 million of which £300k in terms of wages / football creditors.

Unfortunately the way the statement reads failure to pay any HMRC debts on or before their due dates in season 23/24 will result in a 10 point deduction. It has to mean that will happen each and every time because if say Octobers payments were made late and that resulted in and 10 point deduction there would have to be consequences if it happened again in November.

The problem is it’s not just PAYE/ NIC paid to HMRC it’s VAT as well so almost certainly that will mean 9-10 PAYE payments and probably anothe 3 payments in respect of VAT

Without wishing to be pedantic, doesn’t the statement say that the points deduction applying if any new creditors are not paid, is effective at any time during the 2023/24 season? I know it’s not much but the extra 5 days of wriggle room (next Monday to Saturday Aug 5th), may be significant in terms of the financing of staff salaries for July actually happening.

Quite possibly, but if they aren’t paid on Monday, and that continues into the new season, I don’t think the NL will look too favourably on that.

I certainly wouldn’t want to risk it.

I'm sorry to say this ... if we go all the way to August 24th without paying our debts, we will get relegated.

Our current team won't pick up many (if any) points from the first 4 games so we could be bottom of the league on -10

We need the debt paid yesterday so we can bring players in

We'll be relegated then. There is no way on God's green Earth that Ron is paying that debt before 11.59pm on 22 August.

A reminder that he is utterly clueless. He doesn't think the embargo is an issue. He also doesn't care about where we finish in the league, he only cares that there is a club to sell so he can get his millions.

The way it reads is that if all liability to HMRC isn’t paid in full by 23/8 then there will be a 10 point deduction.Don’t think there is any ambiguity whatsoever.

Debts to HMRC will be whatever remains of the WUO which probably will be circa £250k. My guess is that on top of that will be everything accumulated from March say wages are £150k a month then it’s tax and NIC deducted which almost certainly with employers NIC be at least £200k .
As I have said before I don’t know when SUFCs accounting period ends and yes you have to factor in both inputs and outputs but some big attendances at the back end of 22/23 season, ST income etc and I think ( not 100% sure ) that VAT will be due on the money paid recently from the PL. So purely a guess I would estimate another £75k VAT.

My guestimate would be at least £250k on top meaning by 23 / likely to be £500k. needs to be found

RM suggested pressing debts were £1 million of which £300k in terms of wages / football creditors.

Unfortunately the way the statement reads failure to pay any HMRC debts on or before their due dates in season 23/24 will result in a 10 point deduction. It has to mean that will happen each and every time because if say Octobers payments were made late and that resulted in and 10 point deduction there would have to be consequences if it happened again in November.

The problem is it’s not just PAYE/ NIC paid to HMRC it’s VAT as well so almost certainly that will mean 9-10 PAYE payments and probably anothe 3 payments in respect of VAT
If we could be assured of how the money is going to be spent a couple of thousand season tickets covers that. Not sure how many are held back right now.

Any chance @Shrimperstrust/Chris Phillips/mp’s can press Ron for a statement to honour said commitments from the national league

If it was his intention to fold the club we can reflect that we as supporters have cremaster enough noise to survive

So we come to the final chapter of Ron. We need to ensure the noise continues. We need the protests to still have energy (clown was a good idea) what about a grim reaper as well and getting sammy the shrimp there - just a few ideas.

We need to keep pressing the mp’s to do what ever they are doing with Ron. Making this high profile at Westminster level must be having a massive effect on Ron and family.

First game of the season - what are we going to do. We always support the team but what can we do before/ht/after and I’m sure Oldham who will travel in numbers will help.

Let’s mobilise and make as mush noise as we can to back this 🐀 into a corner

Rubbish! We will pick up points!! We have lost Chris wreh only and benton,hardley going to affect us going forward.We finished 7th last season with this group of players who are tried and tested at this level,we haven't lost a preseason friendly and confidence in the squad must be high.

Odds on, you’ll be the first to call for Maher’s head

Correct. This is by far the worst pre-season I can ever remember in my near-on 60 years supporting this club.

The Molesley one which relegated us from the EFL, used to hold that title, but this situation is completely unheard of.
Blimey you are older than you look.

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
Back