• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News National League Statement

I wonder if Martin and Co will stay in Essex. Hes not exactly going to be on the Xmas card lists for a very , very long time. Thats the nicest way I can put it, even if he sells now, , given what hes put people through , and the way he has treated very special loyal folk, our club and Community
he will need eyes in the back of his head each time he goes out around essex

Sorry but for many the taste is just to vile in the mouth to stomach unless hes gone
I reckon everyone has got to do what they think is right now @Barry.C. There is no easy answer to our problems and if you think attending is the thing you want to do, then do it. Conversely, not attending is right too, dependent on your principles. All that sounds a bit sappy, but we're all Southend supporters at the end of the day and we're in a truly rubbish situation with very little ability to influence any of the events occurring around us.

In terms of getting to the number of 16, can we bring players in on a non contract basis. Would this mean we could get players on a pay as you play basis??? Or have to make do with kids for numbers
Maybe if it was pay before you play we might get a few

Anna Firth MP is
ZYE7ByGJQTK.png
feeling happy.​

·

⚽
I am absolutely delighted that Southend United Football Club has cleared the debts owed to football creditors, and now has a licence to participate in The National League and play in the forthcoming season.
🥅
I have been working tirelessly with the National League to come to this conclusion, and I am absolutely delighted that my efforts and those of the Shrimpers Trust have been rewarded with such good news!
👏
However, along with every other Southend United fan, I look forward to hearing that the two very reasonable conditions laid out by the National League have also been met. This has been an extremely stressful period for all Southend United fans and it is not one we want to see repeated, nor do we want to see the Club start the season with a 10-point deduction.
⚽
The last piece of the jigsaw is an up-to-date safety certificate for Roots Hall, and I am working closely with Southend-on-Sea City Council to ensure this is in place by the beginning of the season. I am looking forward to seeing the Club back in action at Root’s Hall on the 5th August!
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league...

May be an image of 1 person and text

I really don’t think RM will care about this statement one little bit. He doesn’t care what happens to us. I believe he wanted the club wound up and had no intention of selling, what he didn’t bargain for was the amount of support that has been given to us from our fans and football family. He is now facing the reality that he has to sell, but is acting like a petulant child that didn’t get his own way.
Totally right ..the club being wound up was I believe that was always ron Martins end goal ..the land not the football club

Can anyone confirm when we cab actually aign players again?
Well logic dictates that IF we pay the HMRC cash by the 23 August, and assuming we pay players and staff on time next week for their July payday (big assumption there), we will have done enough to lift the embargo as far as I am aware. We will then face a race against time before the next WUP lands, which I would imagine will be very soon afterwards, as HMRC debt has continued to accrue since the current WUP was issued.

So realistically not before 23 August.

And Arnold. And Hobson. You are absolutely nuts 😂
Arnold was out for most of the season! Glad hobson went never rated him! Ok with the addition of 1 or 2 we will be just fine! I just think your comment about not picking up any points first 4 games is ludicrous.

Chesterfield fans will be gutted they want us out the league ,they are still hoping

Based on what? Chesterfield fans backed us and held our banner when we demonstrated against RM and I have read lots of messages in solidarity with us after what they went through.

Sure, there will be individuals at lots of clubs that might want to see our full demise, but your post is disingenuous.

Based on what? Chesterfield fans backed us and held our banner when we demonstrated against RM and I have read lots of messages in solidarity with us after what they went through.

Sure, there will be individuals at lots of clubs that might want to see our full demise, but your post is disingenuous.

Absolutely agree, most of those I know certainly want us to survive.

It's a certain Woking fan who would like nothing more to see us go under.

Back