• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find in funny that fans expect to know every detail of situations like this - really we are just Customers, so unless it impacts us personally, we don't need to know really, IMO.

People are disciplined/sacked all the time in jobs and very rarely, other than those close to the issue/person, do we ever find out why. Therefore why do we think we have a right to be told everything as fans.

At the end of the day, he's done something wrong, which is severe enough for him to have played his last game for us - that's it, that is really all we need to know.

Let's move on and support the team - players come and go all the time.

I cannot believe the overreaction of some on here because they've been "lied" to (or maybe, after so many years on the Zone, I shouldn't find it hard to believe). We don't know the details.

Maybe Kensdale reported sick as an excuse for not turning up / being available after whatever happened, happened.

Maybe Kev said he was ill as an answer to buy time while the club looked into whatever.

Maybe it was just Kev's reactionary answer, or an official line for the time being.

So what.

The main issue is, something serious has gone down (which we may get details about, or we might not, in time... we have no right to know) and a decent player, IMO, is now likely to be out of the club for probably no compensation... and our club is left short of another player in the squad.

People may point to the 'transparency' line, but because the club want to become more transparent, it doesn't mean it applies to certain things going on behind the scenes, especially when it is of a personnel nature.

I hope it's not an incident wherein he will be prevented from playing football for some time.
even if it is and what he has done has in someone broken his contract, he wouldnt be receiving a salary from the club so would cost us nothing .

No speculation from me on this one.. I am absolutely gutted though as it seems once again a promising defender who could have left for a few quid will now exit the building with head held low. We as a club and fans really do need a good long run of luck soon

I will be gutted as i am a big Ollie fan

Whatever it is we should just wait and not speculate (oh that rhymes ) as unless we are involved in whatever action is taking place should be left to those who manage him.
Any speculation can cause harm to him and or to others and we do not know the circumstances nor do we know if this is effecting him/others mental health

Personally, i am hoping it is something that can be worked out

Lets bring back Lopata. After all he hasnt played much since he left and Ron has gone now. We all love an ex player on here dont we?
I certainly hope not, he left under bad circumstances , let he fellow team mates down badly , i dont think the players themselves would want him back, Think they would be happier if it was BM than him.

Times like these you realise, when it comes to our football team, that we really are a bunch of nosey bastards!

Doesn’t make us wrong though. It’s our club. We’ve got a heightened level of interest in all the ins and outs.

I’m not going to pretend I don’t want to get to the bottom of this.

But I also totally respect why the club won’t want to share it. And I don’t expect them to.

I cannot believe the overreaction of some on here because they've been "lied" to (or maybe, after so many years on the Zone, I shouldn't find it hard to believe). We don't know the details.

Maybe Kensdale reported sick as an excuse for not turning up / being available after whatever happened, happened.

Maybe Kev said he was ill as an answer to buy time while the club looked into whatever.

Maybe it was just Kev's reactionary answer, or an official line for the time being.

So what.

The main issue is, something serious has gone down (which we may get details about, or we might not, in time... we have no right to know) and a decent player, IMO, is now likely to be out of the club for probably no compensation... and our club is left short of another player in the squad.

People may point to the 'transparency' line, but because the club want to become more transparent, it doesn't mean it applies to certain things going on behind the scenes, especially when it is of a personnel nature.
The irony being here that when the takeover was going through everyone demanded updates and were angry that we didnt get any. The club should have turned a corner since Ron left and should be open and honest. As some have mentioned on here already saying a player is suspended whilst an investigation takes place and no further comment will be made is a sensible thing to do especially when it is clear a mistruth isnt going to stick for long. It just loses honesty and integrity between all parties especially the club and fans. Fans will rightly be concerned because our squad is thin on paper already and for this group of players to shun another player completely that would suggest it is something extremely bad. I doubt it is a criminal matter as I cant see how the club could move them on in this situation.

People are always going to have an opinion on anything to do with the club because everyone cares. Some people will be right, others will be wrong but that doesnt mean that people cant have their own opinions on things. In the past year or two we have had the takeover, the issues with the council, transfers (more recently), formations, things that need to be done within the club, opinions on people being removed from their jobs (Aps I think her name was). There is never going to be an occasion where everyone has the same thought.

Whatever has happened has happened ,theres no turning back , lets move on from it and support the club , as decent as Kensdale was he is not irreplaceable, Actually i think given time Crowther maybe better .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back