• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timlin was jailed and still got a new contract!
Nile Ranger was given chance after chance, the rest of the team hated him IIRC
Was it Foran who had a thing with Gower's Mrs?
Exactly my point. There’s not much a footballer can do and not get away with nowadays.

Yeah, allegedly, that’s what made me think of it! But to me it’s gotta be something along those lines. He’s upset the squad harmony and there’s no coming back from it sort of thing.

They could and should have said a disciplinary matter is being investigated. Then if in a few days time he is innocent, say so. It’s not rocket science or fans being unreasonable. There’s truth, and there’s lies.
And theres all the grey area in-between. Maybe technically he was on sick leave.

Nope!
Chris Phillips has ear to the ground at all times, and can just about contact anyone and everyone at the club.
ALL clubs have something of a Chris. Believe me, I know how this works.
I think you miss the point, I know media and contacts work, but the issue is with a big club you’ll have multiple journalist and contacts all wanting the scoop because of the wider national public interest. At lower levels that public interest is far more local and therefore less journalists, less demand and they are more likely not to press and or dig much further.

I think that's a hangover for some people from the previous regime, which I understand, but it's not always that simple.

The fact that the new regime has said it wants to be open and transparent going forward, should tell you that there will be a good reason why they weren't open and transparent about this to begin with.

I'd also add that if anybody thought a verbal commitment to be as open and transparent as possible, actually meant that we're entitled to unfettered access to information like this, then they were always going to be disappointed.

There could be a multitude of reasons why it was covered up as illness:
  • protecting Kensdale
  • protecting his family
  • protecting and insulating his teammates
  • protecting his financial value to the club
  • ongoing internal investigation
At some point we have to remember that there are human beings involved, and that whatever has happened could very well intersect with personal lives and personal issues.

Even coming out and saying "it's a disciplinary matter" could affect all of my bullet points above, and it just leads to potentially unhelpful speculation and distraction for everybody, at a time when people are restless enough as it is over perceived poor performances on the pitch/lack of transfer business.

Again, easy to throw stones when we're not the people who actually have to consider the possible fallout from all of the above.
Quite right and i agree with all your points.

Still a lie tho.

Rightly or wrongly, Kevin Maher has zero tolerance for people that don't fit in to the squad dynamics

Ollie will never play for us again if he's thrown his toys out of the pram

All we can hope is it's just one of those things, boys being boys and everyone shakes hands and moves on. But if words have been exchanged, Maher won't have him.

All well and good.
But the press release should have angled towards a 'personal matter' or similar.
Yeah, it would have raised more questions than answers, but would also have avoided this debate that questions the club's integrity, especially in the new dawn of transparency.
There's been no press release, this has come through journalists asking questions, which is their job and their right.

The club obviously have a reactive line of 'illness' but they're not going out proactively to deceive anyone.

This is part and parcel of football - for the very good reasons Medway has pointed out. As fans, we should know by now not to take everything managers and clubs say at face value - these things are complicated. Ideally I am sure nobody wanted to tell any untruths, but would fans prefer to get a decent fee for a good player because of a white lie, or no money at all and the complete truth to come out?

It is very clear to see who used to read The News of the World. No matter what he has allegedly done, he is a young lad that may or may not have made a mistake. It seems too many on here want to titillate themselves on the woe of others. If the club 'lied' it was a minor fib that seemed to them their most appropriate action at the time. Get over it and good for the club by trying to handle matters delicately.

Shame, he has been a decent player for us, and I had him earmarked as one to watch for going on to bigger things in the future.

However, whatever he has done, I back Kevin as he has the insights to know what happened (we dont need to know!). Kev will know what is best for the team and the squad. With a small, tightknit group like ours, discipline is a huge factor, and once trust is broken there is often no way back.
You are so right. We don’t need to know!
Everyone wants to know the in’s and out’s of a ducks a!are these days.

Baffles me why some are getting all het up over us saying it was illness. We don’t have a right to information at all times, especially concerning matters such as this. He might be a footballer but he’s still an employee and he’s entitled to some privacy free from speculation whilst any investigations are ongoing.

If I was suspended pending investigation, I wouldn’t expect my manager to inform my whole team of it and put a notice on the company website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back