• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they could have just used the “he’s unavailable for selection” line, and when pressed further by anyone as to if he’s injured, suspended, subject to transfer etc etc” just say we aren’t going to expand further at this point.

It wouldn’t have been a lie, wouldn’t have compromised the club or him and covers a whole range of eventualities that would mean it would have been easy to explain away after the situation is/was “resolved”.

It’s pretty basic PR used time and time again for a variety of reasons. Yes if you are Prem club would dozens of journalists and contacts it wouldn’t last long but at lower league level perfectly adequate
Genuine question - why do you actually care?

His X/Twitter account has gone private. (His posts are now locked off to those who don't follow him.) Just checked his Instagram as well, that's gone private as well.

There's been no press release, this has come through journalists asking questions, which is their job and their right.

The club obviously have a reactive line of 'illness' but they're not going out proactively to deceive anyone.

This is part and parcel of football - for the very good reasons Medway has pointed out. As fans, we should know by now not to take everything managers and clubs say at face value - these things are complicated. Ideally I am sure nobody wanted to tell any untruths, but would fans prefer to get a decent fee for a good player because of a white lie, or no money at all and the complete truth to come out?
Sorry, but have to disagree.
Do not lie in football, white, grey or dull black! As Ken Bates once told me: 'everyone knows everything in football. It surprises even me.
"If we at Chelsea want to keep something private we deal with it inside 48 hours."
I agree, we don't know whether Kensdale WAS ill.
But as for taking things managers say at face value; have seen journos give it both barrels to managers who are duplicitous.
Can remember even SIr Alex on the end of one broadside from a top writer - and rightly so.
Can think of at least three ways to answer the question over Kens' absence and still avoid mendacity.

PS. Your second line is contradictory but you know that looking at it again, I guess?

I don’t think we, as fans, deserve or are due any kind of explanation whatsoever.

We aren’t just a football club…we are an employer and there’s certain things around confidentiality that we must adhere to.
Exactly this.

Employment law has moved on a massive amount over time & we have exactly these situations where I work. Quite a few people have left in the last few years where we are patently told something we know isn't true or nothing at all, in fact there are people I know who left months ago that the company still will not say anything about.

This is nothing about COSU & transparency IMHO it's simply the way of the world.

I think you miss the point, I know media and contacts work, but the issue is with a big club you’ll have multiple journalist and contacts all wanting the scoop because of the wider national public interest. At lower levels that public interest is far more local and therefore less journalists, less demand and they are more likely not to press and or dig much further.
Sorry, but having also covered so-called smaller clubs, it was imperative to get stories no-one else had - not even one other journo. It was just as much dog-eat-dog, and I did it for 30 years!

Last edited:
I am sure it will all come out soon anyway. It always does. I can see it being particularly bad too and if the players have turned their backs on him for what he has (allegedly) done then I think us fans will be even more ****ed off than them!

Match fixing? or some form of spot betting on our games? I have no idea of anything & just throwing it out there as a possible, as its the sort of thing that would get him in serious trouble and probably alienate him from team mates who are trying to win the game. lets face it NL players don't earn a fortune..

It's natural that there will be loads of speculation on here, but those that think they have heard something that must be true, please be very sure of your facts. If you have been told in total secrecy, then respect that trust. Most importantly, don't allude to the point where it exposes ShrimperZone to a libel claim. Thanks all.

Can’t say too much for obvious reasons and it’s a big IF what Iv been told is correct , l think it might be something that could stop him playing elsewhere as well

Did he hit his mid 40s and let himself go a bit?

At this point, whatever has gone down is an entirely employer / employee HR matter, so we should expect nothing at all to come out from the club and Kensdale himself (probably been strongly advised to get his SM accounts into darkness) until there has been the investigation that is needed under employment law and a decision has been made. Despite the lovely Chris Phillips reporting the issue, as is his job, It is the right of the Club and Kensdale himself for any disciplinary issue to be done totally confidentially. As always though, there is the interest from fans, which will perpetuate any speculation.

Point is, we might WANT to know, and many will speculate till the cows come home, but there is NO NEED for us to know what happened, and there is absolutely ZERO need for the confidentially between club and player to be broken until such time as a resolution is implemented.

We may eventually find out or not. What is important is that the process is allowed to continue as an internal matter within the club unhindered by external influences. Meanwhile, RHB is right, the speculation isnt helpful for the Zone either!

Over-rated in my view - aware that won’t be popular.
Think Crowther and Gubbins are very good centre halves and Taylor in the middle of the two would be an upgrade. Leaves a door open for another defender - I wonder if Brooklyn burned his bridges, or has become more realistic regarding his worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back