• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony being here that when the takeover was going through everyone demanded updates and were angry that we didnt get any. The club should have turned a corner since Ron left and should be open and honest. As some have mentioned on here already saying a player is suspended whilst an investigation takes place and no further comment will be made is a sensible thing to do especially when it is clear a mistruth isnt going to stick for long. It just loses honesty and integrity between all parties especially the club and fans. Fans will rightly be concerned because our squad is thin on paper already and for this group of players to shun another player completely that would suggest it is something extremely bad. I doubt it is a criminal matter as I cant see how the club could move them on in this situation.

People are always going to have an opinion on anything to do with the club because everyone cares. Some people will be right, others will be wrong but that doesnt mean that people cant have their own opinions on things. In the past year or two we have had the takeover, the issues with the council, transfers (more recently), formations, things that need to be done within the club, opinions on people being removed from their jobs (Aps I think her name was). There is never going to be an occasion where everyone has the same thought.
Can i just correct you there Apes WAS NOT REMOVED FROM HER JOB - she was made REDUNDANT. Big difference and also she worked for the Community Trust and not the Club

Last edited:
Surely the police would be heading the investigation if it was something that could potentially end his playing career? I reckon it’s either a scrap or along those lines with management

I will be gutted as i am a big Ollie fan

Whatever it is we should just wait and not speculate (oh that rhymes ) as unless we are involved in whatever action is taking place should be left to those who manage him.
Any speculation can cause harm to him and or to others and we do not know the circumstances nor do we know if this is effecting him/others mental health

Personally, i am hoping it is something that can be worked out
Yes me too. Had a long chat with him at the end of season awards night. Left thinking he was a decent bloke, both on and off the field. Hopefully the issue can be resolved . But judging by some comments on here from those in the know it currently seems unlikely. Such a pity.

Can’t say too much for obvious reasons and it’s a big IF what Iv been told is correct , l think it might be something that could stop him playing elsewhere as well
We are a tolerant fanbase, we let old Nile off the hook; but hopefully he’s not signing for FC Adam Johnson. I think if Chris had any inkling that it was something more serious he would have used different words for his story.

It will all come out in the wash, but it seems quite definite from some posters that he definitely won’t be playing for us again. Time to move on and marvel at out centre back partnership.

For all the speculation on here off what might hve occurred there is one thing that hasnt been mentioned which i certainly hope its not, we have a team of mixed nationalities and colour , i certainly hope whatever it is dosent impact on that , i think you know my meaning .

If what I’ve heard through the secret members only grapevine is possibly maybe true, it’s understandable why he won’t play again. But possibly he may. It may also put new suitors off. But possibly not.
Let’s just say if my sources are correct, things could definitely maybe be happening.
Or not.

I honestly think he’s either thrown his toys out the pram in training, tried forcing a move elsewhere, or had a heated discussion with Kev, can’t see it being something career ending.

If the rest of the squad have shun him.

Must of done a Terry? The only solution. I can think of. If the rest of the lads don't want to know.

Which is fair play to Maher. Band of brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back