• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sort of thing seems to only happen with promising young players we have a hope of selling on. Like Lopata.
Which is why they end up playing in the National League to begin with.

Several contributions in this thread along the lines of 'I knew about this'. Obviously the leaks aren't closing that well but people are being asked to stay quiet instead?

More bad news this for us. Hopefully it is a breach of trust with management and the squad, rather than anything more serious, so that we can sell him on and reinvest his wages. At least it's a position we have existing squad depth in, even if nobody else is as good on the ball as Kensdale.

But we won’t just sign anyone because we are desperate. Kev isn’t ****ed at 3 in the morning, kebab in hand, scrambling around for someone to go home with.

Kev is still making enquires and putting his moves to work on various targets.
Ah so, technically the 'illness' reason for absence from the first match had substance as a hangover always made me feel as sick as a dog 😃

He's gone from being let go at Colchester, to almost giving up on professional football. He greatly impressed at Concord, and became Kev Maher's first permanent signing. He just got better and better, and was picked for England C last season. He's one of the main reasons we had the best defence in the league last season, letting in only 45 goals. I would say he's worth 80k, as he's still improving, with less mistakes.
But depending on what he's done, a fee might me difficult now.
Yep in the ball park that I would expect, but heard at the Daggers game some people talking about £250k!!

For the sake of unity and showing that no one is bigger than the club, I believe we should try and move him on quick as it's a position where we have cover.

Hopefully still on good terms with Woodman at Wealdstone?

Huge blow for the club.
The mainstay of our very good defence over the last couple of years and a difficult task to replace someone of his quality on the budget we have.
That said discipline, and team bond are paramount, so something like this has to be dealt with in the strongest terms (it has to be very serious given our response).

Ollie the Wally - great player but if its bad then he has to go - maybe this in the background has had a material affect on the fluff being served up on the pitch start of the season?

maybe something to do with Jack Bridge. He has defo been off colour lately. Thats not me slagging JB off but he defo hasnt been quite as sharp and on form as we expect him to be.

He really in bang average, and loses the ball too often IMO so if we get some money for him then so be it.

If he has p1ssed off the powers that be so much so that they are looking at outing him then do we really want someone like this causing issues with the team spirit?.

Along with Lapata, he can go forth and multiply.

He really in bang average, and loses the ball too often IMO so if we get some money for him then so be it.

If he has p1ssed off the powers that be so much so that they are looking at outing him then do we really want someone like this causing issues with the team spirit?.

Along with Lapata, he can go forth and multiply.
This i do agree with. Ollie is a decent player but does lack concentration at times and cost us the odd goal here and there. but he would still be a big loss. But we have Crowther and Gubbins so not totally short in this area

Or a million other things!
Actually, no. I think @Tommy2holes is nearly right.
In 30 years of reporting football and this type of thing, not even telling the manager to go and do one gets you an exit.
Football clubs are very pragmatic about dealing with egos and tantrums.
But, yeah, if you refuse to play: can think of two such instances: the police: eg Mason Greenwood - and yeah, here's the door, buddy.
Drug tests? Not even those: check the 15 PL players who failed such tests between 2015-20: none were banned.
Talking to other clubs? Believe me, their agents do it all the time...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back