• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a week where the talk has been about needing extra players through the door, this is another negative the club didn't need. You have to feel for Maher. He's had to put Crowther in who wasn't match fit and deal with the atmosphere of the dressing room regarding this incident. All while having injuries and not enough players, and some fans still moan.

Only we could get mugged in such a way where one of our best assets leaves for peanuts.

I noticed Cardwell had a black eye in his interview the other day. Hope it's not a ruck at training.

How anyone can knock Maher is beyond me. Had to whack Crowther in when unfit because of this, stabilise the dressing room and deal with all those injuries with a limited squad. Add to that, Kensdale is one of our biggest assets and is going to go for peanuts, if anything apparently. One day, he'll get to manage in normal circumstances.

I noticed Cardwell had a black eye in his interview the other day. Hope it's not a ruck at training.

How anyone can knock Maher is beyond me. Had to whack Crowther in when unfit because of this, stabilise the dressing room and deal with all those injuries with a limited squad. Add to that, Kensdale is one of our biggest assets and is going to go for peanuts, if anything apparently. One day, he'll get to manage in normal circumstances.
Didn’t Cardwell go down with a head injury recently? Think it might have been Hartlepool away. Hopefully it’s just from that.

They pushed the illness thing to everyone, even those close to the manager and squad. I hope if this happens in the future, they don't make up lies, and straight away say there is a disciplinary issue with a player. After all, it has to come out within a couple of weeks anyway.

Maybe the club needed a cover story whilst they investigated the facts?

They pushed the illness thing to everyone, even those close to the manager and squad. I hope if this happens in the future, they don't make up lies, and straight away say there is a disciplinary issue with a player. After all, it has to come out within a couple of weeks anyway.
I guess it maybe a cover whilst some investigation takes place - what if he's innocent - then his name has been unnecessarily slurred if you say he's been suspended. If the club knew CP was about to break a story then an official statement would be in order

This is a real tragedy by the sounds of it for all of us. Kensdale included

I saw him as our current best higher fee sell on. To possibly have that destroyed is yet another terrible blow
I would have hoped for a decent 3 figure sale with good add ons. I also hope thats not completely damaged the beneficial aspects for all parties, transfer wise but it doesnt sound good , especially if it is a damaged good scenario .Please let some good come out from whatever has happened
Jeez do we need a bit more good fortune!

This sort of thing seems to only happen with promising young players we have a hope of selling on. Like Lopata.

£50k would be a fair price imho
He's gone from being let go at Colchester, to almost giving up on professional football. He greatly impressed at Concord, and became Kev Maher's first permanent signing. He just got better and better, and was picked for England C last season. He's one of the main reasons we had the best defence in the league last season, letting in only 45 goals. I would say he's worth 80k, as he's still improving, with less mistakes.
But depending on what he's done, a fee might me difficult now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back