• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sort of thing seems to only happen with promising young players we have a hope of selling on. Like Lopata.
As a few posters have said this week, you can do all the Those words are banned you want on players to make sure you get the right 'character' but anything can happen at any time.

In this instance, if the situation is that bad, he has to go. Kev won't risk the after effect with the dressing room.

They pushed the illness thing to everyone, even those close to the manager and squad. I hope if this happens in the future, they don't make up lies, and straight away say there is a disciplinary issue with a player. After all, it has to come out within a couple of weeks anyway.
I think this is a very easy thing to say as a football fan, and when you're not the people having to deal with it, manage the situation, keep the rest of the squad focused AND try not to completely destroy the chance to get any money for him.

I think this is a very easy thing to say as a football fan, and when you're not the people having to deal with it, manage the situation, keep the rest of the squad focused AND try not to completely destroy the chance to get any money for him.
I get that, but it sets a precedent about club statements, maybe they arent true. I had hoped we were moving away from that.

Fair enough, but the new owners promised transparency and honesty going forward, after all we have been through.

But the cover story is a lie. Why not say, Ollie has been dropped, whilst we investigate a disciplinary matter.
Because that generates speculation (see this thread), which can distract and otherwise negatively affect the players and others at the club. Far from ideal just before two games in three days.

We don't know the nature of the disciplinary issue - if it's a police matter rather than something that happened at the club, the squad may not have known or needed to know the details.

I get that, but it sets a precedent about club statements, maybe they arent true. I had hoped we were moving away from that.
I don’t think the club made a statement saying he was ill? It was just the answer Maher gave when asked, he couldn’t say nothing.

I don’t see what difference it makes whether we found out the truth now or this time last week. Maher probably didn’t want to disrupt the squad ahead of the two bank holiday fixtures and/or the club were still trying to establish the facts before stating it’s a disciplinary matter.

But the cover story is a lie. Why not say, Ollie has been dropped, whilst we investigate a disciplinary matter.

I was told the same story, by someone very close to Kev.

I get why the illness thing was pushed, but it’s disappointing this news has broken.

The Club are hoping to move him on, and with this news breaking it may potentially put buyers off, or mean we don’t get his full value.

As for the Cardwell black eye, this is unrelated to what has gone on with Kensdale.

I was told of this after the Daggers game, but haven’t been told exactly what has happened. A few scenarios have gone through my head, but I won’t speculate as it’s not fair.

They could and should have said a disciplinary matter is being investigated. Then if in a few days time he is innocent, say so. It’s not rocket science or fans being unreasonable. There’s truth, and there’s lies.

I was told the same story, by someone very close to Kev.

I get why the illness thing was pushed, but it’s disappointing this news has broken.

The Club are hoping to move him on, and with this news breaking it may potentially put buyers off, or mean we don’t get his full value.

As for the Cardwell black eye, this is unrelated to what has gone on with Kensdale.

I was told of this after the Daggers game, but haven’t been told exactly what has happened. A few scenarios have gone through my head, but I won’t speculate as it’s not fair.
Just interested if it’s criminal thing or a misdemeanour thing personal lives etc…

Just interested if it’s criminal thing or a misdemeanour thing personal lives etc…

As I say, I don’t know and I won’t speculate.

Bridges have been burnt, and I’ll be shocked to see him ever wear a Southend United shirt. Hopefully a move can be arranged between now and the EFL deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back