• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that he told Kev that Actually big Ben is the name of the bell not the tower, Kev quite rightly told him to stop being a smart arse.

Honestly who thought that a team bonding pub quiz could go so wrong

i'm not sure I can take any more.......first the club stops communicating with us with whats going on post take over, when they finally tell us something it turns out to be untrue....

Have you honestly got nothing better to do in your life but be offended by such trivial matters?.

The club is probably.... in the middle of a disciplinary, which if not handled correctly can come back and bite us on the backside so were playing it cool to save, us, HR and the player a lot of grief until the time is right.

It could even be a police matter for all we know which needs even more care in case it damages any potential case and all you can think about are you hurt feelings of being "lied to".

For gods sake stop acting so entitled and let the club deal with it how THEY see fit and not the shrimperzone jury.
Nice to hear from you, Paulie. My feelings? Not so important as the club's integrity, eh?
What else did you say?
Ah yes, you speculate, note 'probably', on the reasons for this entire thread of 15 pages. I would have thought there was enough of that over the 281 previous postings.
BTW, if it's 'trivial, why 'police'? Grief'?'Damages'? 'Come back to bite us'? Surely, if it's trivial it won't come to any of these?
PS. As also said: Maybe, Kev was given a bum steer?

Nice to hear from you, Paulie. My feelings? Not so important as the club's integrity, eh?
What else did you say?
Ah yes, you speculate, note 'probably', on the reasons for this entire thread of 15 pages. I would have thought there was enough of that over the 281 previous postings.
BTW, if it's 'trivial, why 'police'? Grief'?'Damages'? 'Come back to bite us'? Surely, if it's trivial it won't come to any of these?
The trivial matter is the white lie the club told about the player being ill which allowed us to concentrate fully on the matter in hand which was the upcoming football match.

It’s not difficult to understand your binary position on being fed a lie. You’re right of course.

Except life doesn’t play out in black and white. There are bigger matters here than a white lie to protect all parties and maintain focus on what mattered.

We can all agree to differ. If you want to continue to be offended by it, that really is your choice now. But it baffles me that anyone can believe the club, especially when you consider the people involved and their connection to this fanbase, didn’t do it with the right intentions.

The trivial matter is the white lie the club told about the player being ill which allowed us to concentrate fully on the matter in hand which was the upcoming football match.

It’s not difficult to understand your binary position on being fed a lie. You’re right of course.

Except life doesn’t play out in black and white. There are bigger matters here than a white lie to protect all parties and maintain focus on what mattered.

We can all agree to differ. If you want to continue to be offended by it, that really is your choice now. But it baffles me that anyone can believe the club, especially when you consider the people involved and their connection to this fanbase, didn’t do it with the right intentions.
Not offended for myself, simply worried about the way the club handled it.
I'm sure it was for the right intentions, but it was poorly thought through.
This 'white' lie? Why say it in the first place? Why not protect the club and Kev by preparing something else?
The triviality has, as said, run to 285 posts in a day!

What else did you say?
I think you need to calm down mate and maybe get a 2nd hobby or something like yoga/medication.

This 'white' lie? Why say it in the first place? Why not protect the club and Kev by preparing something else?
I think the alternative point of view on that one has been expressed numerous times and in different ways on this thread already. If you don’t agree, so be it. That’s opinions for you.

In my own opinion, as others have said, the very nature of this thread with its dramas and OTT speculation shows that the club was probably right. Or at least it might have been if they’d been able to move the player on before the story broke.

Why say anything in the first place? Maher was hardly going to be able to leave out Kensdale without being asked why was he? Refusing to comment would have created just as much unnecessary outrage on here that we aren’t being told why he isn’t playing.

Who are you offended for if not yourself? Who really cares or is personally affected that the reason Kensdale missed a couple of games is different than what we originally thought?

I think the alternative point of view on that one has been expressed numerous times and in different ways on this thread already. If you don’t agree, so be it. That’s opinions for you.

In my own opinion, as others have said, the very nature of this thread with its dramas and OTT speculation shows that the club was probably right. Or at least it might have been if they’d been able to move the player on before the story broke.
Surely the drama and speculation is exactly the same, but a lie was thrown in 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Ah, there you have it: 'if'?
The reason for the thread and just about everything in it is based on the unraveled story.
You see this point, I'm sure.

Why say anything in the first place? Maher was hardly going to be able to leave out Kensdale without being asked why was he? Refusing to comment would have created just as much unnecessary outrage on here that we aren’t being told why he isn’t playing.

Who are you offended for if not yourself? Who really cares or is personally affected that the reason Kensdale missed a couple of games is different than what we originally thought?
Question 1) The thread is all about something that turned out to be untrue, and what the truth is: agree?
Question 2) The way the club handled it: not the best of looks.
Question 3)...just about every comment over the last 15 web pages.
Hope that helps.

Yes it matters, but everyone has an opinion. Don't make things personal.

Yeah, I’ll take it on board. Thanks.
We can all agree to differ.
It’s up to you my friend. You can choose to react however you want.
If you don’t agree, so be it. That’s opinions for you.
🙄

People, people, please!

We all support the greatest football club in Essex 🦐

Sometimes, it's worth remembering that there are some really unfortunate people out there that don't get to have what we have, and unfortunately have to support a small club like Colchester United ... It really puts all of your problems in to perspective 🙏🏻

United together 💪🏻 Never give up

Etc etc etc 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back