• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those who are offended by a little white lie to protect a person /s please stand up, now you are all standing , please to all you standing those that have never told a lie big or small please take one step forward, OH all off you !so why you all have your nose out of joint over one little white lie to protect a persons integrity .
Its not about taking offense. Nobody is naive enough to know this stuff doesnt happen. But it can be risen above, there are right ways and wrong ways to do things in life. Imo this could have all been handled without lying or defaming anyones character. In my opinion its more a sense of dissapointment that this new regime isnt as straight up as id hoped.

Last edited:
Sorry, but have to disagree.
Do not lie in football, white, grey or dull black! As Ken Bates once told me: 'everyone knows everything in football. It surprises even me.
"If we at Chelsea want to keep something private we deal with it inside 48 hours."
I agree, we don't know whether Kensdale WAS ill.
But as for taking things managers say at face value; have seen journos give it both barrels to managers who are duplicitous.
Can remember even SIr Alex on the end of one broadside from a top writer - and rightly so.
Can think of at least three ways to answer the question over Kens' absence and still avoid mendacity.

PS. Your second line is contradictory but you know that looking at it again, I guess?
No, I said they are not going out proactively. Maher's comment was reactionary.

It is far from a perfect situation, but I think anyone who explicitly trusts what managers say in their pre or post match interviews is naive. You get plenty of situations at every club where managers have to protect the club.

I suppose with hindsight Kev should really have known the question was coming and dodged it accordingly but he's a football manager not a politician and his main concern is that dressing room and not fans' need for tittle tattle.

Let's look into the facts

It's a displine issue hence the club are dealing with it.

Can't be doing the dirty with a teammates wife.

That is a cvil matter.

Either got drunk and did something stupid. Old bill got involved.

Or

Nicking from his teammates being a thieving git. I don't know, why you want to fo this. Unless you have an issue with something or in the blood.

Only because the rest of the team don't want to know him now.

My two cents. I could be way off. Just looking at the facts. To what we know today.

Anyway, the only people who lose out is the club!!

Every major business or public organisation never gives out facts until any alleged misconduct is fully investigated and concluded. The biggest disappointment would be if Justin and co felt they had to appease so called fans.

Every one of those 10/11 members of COSU will have dealt with situations of a sensitive nature during in their very successful business careers. There will be dozens of times where they wont have given ridiculous statements to staff, let alone customers. Who amongst us hasn't had to do the same with work or in your private life.

Now I get there is one or two on here who haven't go clue how the real world works. Others it would seem do but would rather make self-aggrandising statements about honesty and integrity. Whilst of course using the chance to continue their favourite past time......Whinging about all things SUFC

Bloody hell, 17 pages of conjecture, gossip, indignation and a few sensible posts.

Who honestly gives a damn that the Club told a little white lie about him being ill last weekend?

It is NOT our business what he has done wrong until the internal investigation and disciplinary action reaches a conclusion. Even then, I can understand why the Club may not want to reveal the nature of the transgression.

What I am working out though is that he appears to have let himself, the Club and his team mates down in some way, and for that reason, I will say, thank you for your past service Ollie, but time to move on. No-one is bigger than the Club.

I love watching Southend United but I don’t have this insatiable need to know every detail about everything going on at all times. I accept sometimes we aren’t told stuff for a reason, look Kensdale won’t play tomorrow and I’m only interested in who’s playing tomorrow .. same with the management & the rest of the playing staff I’m sure. Speculation is pointless if you don’t know, so maybe don’t speculate .. 🤷‍♂️

Let's look into the facts

It's a displine issue hence the club are dealing with it.

Can't be doing the dirty with a teammates wife.

That is a cvil matter.

Either got drunk and did something stupid. Old bill got involved.

Or

Nicking from his teammates being a thieving git. I don't know, why you want to fo this. Unless you have an issue with something or in the blood.

Only because the rest of the team don't want to know him now.

My two cents. I could be way off. Just looking at the facts. To what we know today.

Anyway, the only people who lose out is the club!!
These aren’t facts, they are speculation.
Very tight dressing room ours though, and we’ve benefitted from this hugely. If one of them did go against their own, I can imagine the rest of them would want him gone pronto.

Last edited by a moderator:
These aren’t facts, they are speculation.
Very tight dressing room ours though, and we’ve benefitted from this hugely. If one of them did go against their own, I can imagine the rest of them would want him gone pronto.
Facts are it's a displinery issue. The club have confirm this. 👍

Very tiresome reading people go back-and-forth on whether the club lied. The situation is clearly a sensitive one, and the club opted to buy themselves time to deal with it rather than put themselves under pressure by disclosing everything. Speaking realistically, if this exploded over the weekend, the club has a right to wait until Tuesday to at least involve someone in HR to assist.

Football is an industry where there is very little that's kept private, so I find this perfectly ordinary. We aren't entitled to know more than we do at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back