• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kensdale update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this is an indication of how Maher is as a Man Manager of players, how he reacts and in some ways sets a bench mark for others. Personally I see this as a failure.
If he wishes to leave then that's ok, but if he performs in a Blues shirt why not say go and give it your all and we will see who comes knocking. I dont like all this illness nonsense, it's a smoke screen and once the truth comes out makes the manager and club look somewhat silly.

Kensdale has been a good servant to the club and is showing ambition, but dont exclude him for this reason.

Just my thoughts.

I feel this is an indication of how Maher is as a Man Manager of players, how he reacts and in some ways sets a bench mark for others. Personally I see this as a failure.
If he wishes to leave then that's ok, but if he performs in a Blues shirt why not say go and give it your all and we will see who comes knocking. I dont like all this illness nonsense, it's a smoke screen and once the truth comes out makes the manager and club look somewhat silly.

Kensdale has been a good servant to the club and is showing ambition, but dont exclude him for this reason.

Just my thoughts.
This is utter nonsense. Ten Hag is failing at United because he lets people get away with disciplinary issues and hasn’t got a hold on the dressing room. No idea what he has done but the standard has to be set for the team, and if you fall short of said standard you’re out. Simple as that. No wonder Fergie and Pep are two of the games best because as soon as players fall short of the set standard they’re kicked into the long grass

Just my thoughts.
Without knowing what has actually happened hanging Maher and the club out to dry is also somewhat silly don't you think?.

Just my thoughts.
👏🏻 You 👏🏻 have 👏🏻 no 👏🏻 idea 👏🏻 what’s 👏🏻 gone 👏🏻 on 👏🏻

Where has it said anywhere at all that it’s because Kensdale wants to move elsewhere? Saying this is a failure by Kev is just deluded!

It is a little concerning yet not surprising how quickly some are to question the club and especially Kev Maher’s integrity. He was asked pitchside for the team pre Barnet away. It went something like (I can’t recall exact wording) Reporter: No Ollie Kensdale today in defence, to which he responded no, he’s come down with something last night so Adam Crowther comes in. Then the conversation naturally shifted..

For all we know Kev has genuinely been told that and relayed it. If he has given that line knowing something else is why he isn’t playing, that is also ok. That’s likely in advice and for the greater good whilst it’s under investigation. It was neither the time nor place to disclose that, and also imagine he did. We lost that game to Barnet. He’d have been met post match with accusations from some of creating an excuse for the performance and result. He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t at times.
You have a point.
Maybe, Kensdale lied to him. If so, I doubt Kev would stand for that.

This is utter nonsense. Ten Hag is failing at United because he lets people get away with disciplinary issues and hasn’t got a hold on the dressing room. No idea what he has done but the standard has to be set for the team, and if you fall short of said standard you’re out. Simple as that. No wonder Fergie and Pep are two of the games best because as soon as players fall short of the set standard they’re kicked into the long grass
Just my thoughts ok.

That explain why we picked up 1 points from two games without Kensdale, we could easily picked up 4 points at least or more.
Yes, I agree - we will now get 75% fewer points and relegation beckons. Kensdale fitted well into our system but was he that good a player - I'm not sure. And can he be replaced - absolutely 100%.
If the relationship is finished between him and the squad, get him gone ASAP - preferably permanently - on loan if we have to.

Yes they have lied but for what appears to be good reason.
You see the problem is a lie is a lie is a lie.
Eventually, you get found out: good reason or otherwise. @Sunnyshrimper wondered whether Kev had been lied to. That would be interesting.
Either way, the club now has to explain the whole nine yards of something Chris Phillips has discovered was untrue.
Maybe, Kev's reply was that he spoke in good faith, and later discovered he'd been hoodwinked.
That would mostly clear up the situation.
At the same time, it wouldn't look good for a player who was plucked out of Concord Rangers obscurity by the club.

Last edited:
The club is the employer. Kensdale is the employee. Both sides have rights and processes in any issue over employment issues. We are merely the customers. We have no rights to any information. Speculation is problematic as a topic and probably unhelpful if mainly wide of the mark.

The club is the employer. Kensdale is the employee. Both sides have rights and processes in any issue over employment issues. We are merely the customers. We have no rights to any information. Speculation is problematic as a topic and probably unhelpful if mainly wide of the mark.
Spot on.

Just my thoughts.
Did I miss the day when Maher killed Sammy the shrimp? What on earth has this got to do with Maher's man management? Kev is only a employee of the club, much like Kensdale. An investigation has absolutely nothing to do with him, it's taken out of his hands. It's not his place to say what is going on. He is told by his employers what to say. Simply saying 'illness' defuses everything for a short time, benefiting everyone associated to the club until such time where the facts are 'allowed' to be aired. When we find out the facts and it transpires that the club lied and they shouldn't have, it will be down to COSU not Maher.

I reiterate, this has nothing to do with Maher. His job is to keep the dressing room in check and keep everyone on task and happy. He is working wonders doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back