• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On Sunday I caught ELO in Manchester in their first full tour in 30 years. Although I don't own any of their records I recognised all but three songs they played as I believe they were all released as singles. Tightrope was an excellent start to the gig with its string intro and they finished on Mr Blue Sky. Well worth the money. I was stuck at the back of the arena, so the quality of the pics isn't the best.

elo08.jpgelo09.jpgelo03.jpgelo05.jpgelo16.jpg

On Sunday I caught ELO in Manchester in their first full tour in 30 years. Although I don't own any of their records I recognised all but three songs they played as I believe they were all released as singles. Tightrope was an excellent start to the gig with its string intro and they finished on Mr Blue Sky. Well worth the money. I was stuck at the back of the arena, so the quality of the pics isn't the best.

View attachment 4032View attachment 4033View attachment 4030View attachment 4031View attachment 4034

Ha! Saw them at The Wembley Arena back in '78 as a bouncer.

Not my sort of stuff I'm afraid but quite enjoyable for free.

Great light show and visuals though, as your pics.testify.:thumbsup:

Jodrell Bank are having a music festival in July. I went to it last time it was held in 2013 and saw the Australian Pink Floyd with Hawkwind supporting.

I have booked a ticket for the Saturday night with DJ Shadow and Jean-Michel Jarre on the bill.

Some pics from 2013: https://www.flickr.com/photos/maninasuitcase/albums/72157634544010011

Air have been added to the Saturday bill. I am well pleased by that.

British Sea Power, who someone else mentioned are playing Sunday. For full runners and riders, check here: http://www.discoverthebluedot.com/

Band of Holy Joy - Sebright Arms, Bethnal Green. Got distracted and missed the last tube. On my 4th bus and will be home at 3.20am. If only Uber paid their taxes I could have been home by 2!

Seriously tempted by the Moseley Park Folk Festival - Proclaimers, The Jayhawks....but I hate festivals. Torn......:sad:

If it's a one day event,why not?

Say hello to 138 Salsbury Road for me -just up from the cricket ground.Lived in Moseley for a year.Nice park.

The Jayhawks are excellent.Seen them twice here.

Bit off target , All Or Nothing is coming to the Palace Theater in Sept . The story of The Small Faces a great mod band .

If it's a one day event,why not?

Say hello to 138 Salsbury Road for me -just up from the cricket ground.Lived in Moseley for a year.Nice park.

The Jayhawks are excellent.Seen them twice here.

3 day, but I'd only do the one day (Sunday) but even still I think they're the worst places to see live music and I'll have to stay sober which makes it even worse. Jayhawks are playing Islington so maybe I'll head down there.

3 day, but I'd only do the one day (Sunday) but even still I think they're the worst places to see live music and I'll have to stay sober which makes it even worse. Jayhawks are playing Islington so maybe I'll head down there.

Ah.Islington makes sense.I'll be going to 1 day (Saturday) of the 3 day Primavera Festival here in June to see Brian Wilson (performing Pet Sounds)+Richard Hawley and PJ Harvey.Will be able to have a few beers though as it's near a metro stop.:cheers:

Never saw The Housemartins (regretably) nor The Beautiful South (not too fussed) but glad I went to see Paul Heaton and Jaqui Abbott at Badalona,earlier.They were excellent.

I saw Yes in Sheffield on Tuesday. They did Drama and Fragile in full plus some other classic tracks. I must say Drama sounds much better live than on the record! Yes are still at the top of the game and the show was well worth the admission price. For some pics click here

Saw James at the Cliffs on Tuesday night. Played quite a lot of the new album but was still good. Did a few beautiful acoustic versions too.

Saw Springsteen at Camp Nou last night.Excellent 3 and half hour show.

Been a long time (if ever) since I've been to the Camp Nou 2 weekends running but at least this visit was an enjoyable one.There's a special connection between Bruce and a Barcelona audience.Electric atmosphere.:thumbsup:

Just by chance I was checking King Crimson on the internet and saw they were doing two shows in Aylesbury in September. Only restricted views were available on Sunday, but there was just one ticket was unsold on Monday 5 September. Not anymore.

I saw them last year at the Lowry, a fantastic show.

Back