• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking forward to seeing Slim Semora at The Blue Anchor in Helston this Friday night. Here's his song about Wilko > [video=youtube;ZaA4yrIowNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaA4yrIowNg[/video]

A mate has just managed to nab tickets to see Radiohead at the Roundhouse in May. Never seen Thom Yorke et al, should be fun.

A mate has just managed to nab tickets to see Radiohead at the Roundhouse in May. Never seen Thom Yorke et al, should be fun.

I went back in (probably) 99 or 2000. They played lots of stuff off Kid A (awful) and seemingly hurried through tunes from previous albums. Not impressed.

In other gig news, Madonna turns up almost 3hrs late in Brisbane for a gig and wonders why people are ****ed off when the trains end at midnight. Unsufferable narcassistic cow.

Seen them twice, Glasto 97 and in the 00's at Earls Court, superb both times, would love to see them somewhere as comparatively small as the Roundhouse. Gonna give it a go tomorrow morning when they go on sale but don't fancy my chances.

Nice. Seem 'em 3 times meself; Shepherds Bush Empire in 1994, Earls Court in 2003, and the o2 in 2011.

I tried to get Radiohead tickets this morning. I clicked on the link as soon as it went green and was put in the queue with 9,000 people in front of me. They are only doing 3 nights in a 1700 seater venue so not surprisingly I didn't get a ticket as the gigs sold out in about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
I got in the queue and was 900 to begin with, it appeared to crash but a few mins later it reappeared and I was up to 150, got to the front, it let me login then put me back to 13,000th in the queue. gave up, I wasn't desperate really, just trying my luck.

anyone from the Hertfordshire area. "We Few" are playing an Easter weekend double header Friday 25th - The Goat, St. Albans. Saturday 26th - The Pear Tree, Welwyn Garden City. All welcome. I'm going - but then I have too, I'm the drummer:smile:

In case anyone's interested, there's a free gig in Tooting tomorrow night (near Tooting Broadway tube) featuring a band I like called "I Plead Irony", who are 2nd billing. Worth a look if for some unfathomable reason you happen to be in the area.

In case you need any more persuasion, they're from Farnborough, and have played gigs in support of the Forward for Wiz Trust.

Should be a good couple of nights at The Railway (near Central station) this w/e - Steve Hooker's Stripped Down Stompin' Band are playing Sat. night and Graeme Douglas & The Hot Flyers will be there Sun. night. You'll probably see me singing along to some of the old Hot Rods & Kursaals' songs on Sunday. With luck you won't hear me though.

In case anyone's interested, there's a free gig in Tooting tomorrow night (near Tooting Broadway tube) featuring a band I like called "I Plead Irony", who are 2nd billing. Worth a look if for some unfathomable reason you happen to be in the area.

In case you need any more persuasion, they're from Farnborough, and have played gigs in support of the Forward for Wiz Trust.
If I had seen this post earlier I would have gone to this. DeadCuts were headlining it seems and they are Mark Keds' band (ex Senseless Things).

Back