• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just bought tickets for my second gig of 2016, and it's my favourite band of the last 15 years who I managed to miss every time they previously played London. Very excited to finally be seeing them...

[video=youtube;7G1eLTV89dM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G1eLTV89dM[/video]

Saw Jason Isbell in Amsterdam on Friday, this week going to see him again in London

[video=youtube;bKFj5TfYp8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFj5TfYp8M[/video]

Last night was day one of the Giants of Rock weekend in Minehead. I saw three bands yesterday, firstly Mostly Autumn a prog rock group formed in 1995 for the ashes of a Pink Floyd tribute act, who I thought were very good. Then we had ex Rainbow lead singer Graham Bonnet, who still has an amazing voice. Last up was the Mick Ralphs Band. Ralphs played a few songs from Bad Company but nothing from his days in Mott The Hoople.

ma01.jpgma15.jpggb01aaa.jpggb06aaa.jpgmr01.jpg

Giants of Rock days two and three.

Saturday evening I watched The Acoustic Parsons Project featuring Lenny Zatatec. Zatatec sang lead vocals on a number of Alan Parsons Project tracks and he treated us to a nice set accompanied by piano and guitar, the highlight being the Eye In The Sky.

Later on I opted to see Procol Harum over Steve Harley and I have to admit it was to hear just one song. Although I wasn't disappointed by the rest of the set, A White Shade of Pale is a classic and it was almost worth the drive down to Minehead on its own.

On Sunday afternoon I caught ex Argent guitarist Russ Ballard. His songs have been recorded by such diverse acts as the Bay City Rollers, Hot Chocolate and Kiss. Ballard finished his set with the excellent God Gave Rock And Roll To You and Since You Been Gone.

In the evening it was Ian Hunter. He did a great set including Once Bitten Twice Shy, All The Way To Memphis, Roll Away The Stone and finishing on All The Young Dudes. There was another band on after him, but I thought that was the perfect song to end the weekend.

ap01.jpgph01.jpgrb09.jpgih00.jpg

I am going to Spitalfields tomorrow night to see Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent , cant wait .

Enjoy. Don't forget, if the gig is rubbish Say you don't mind and then on the way home Hold your head up, ok?

Since 1972 , I have seen Colin over 20 times and have not seen a bad gig yet .

I'm sure you haven't and won't this time. Serves me right for trying to be smart arse with the words.

I am going to Spitalfields tomorrow night to see Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent , cant wait .

They were in great form in Barcelona (just before Xmas) in what was their second visit here.Couple of new (ish )musicians in the band too.Including that bass player who used to tour with The Kinks.

Edit.Though,on reflection, he was with the band last time they played here about 10 years or so ago too.

What was the gig like?

Last edited:
Very good RHB, heard Russ Ballard perform that on Sunday.

Somewhere in the loft I have a Telstar Vinyl LP with that track on. One of these days I will recover that box of LPs and start the long task of LP to Digital conversion. Only to find, probably, that time and the elements have not been kind to them and they all have a serious bow in the middle of each record. Hopefully, within the box will be my collection of Strawbs albums.

Somewhere in the loft I have a Telstar Vinyl LP with that track on. One of these days I will recover that box of LPs and start the long task of LP to Digital conversion. Only to find, probably, that time and the elements have not been kind to them and they all have a serious bow in the middle of each record. Hopefully, within the box will be my collection of Strawbs albums.
When Colin and Rod started touring together again 15 years ago , I was in the audiance when they first played this together they blew the club apart , Brilliant . Tonights gig is an accostic gig with Rod Colin and piano , will put on here tomorrow how it went .

Saw Colin and Rod last night at the Rough Trade record store Spitalfields , Brilliant , playing an acoustic set to about 100 fans . I said when I saw the Zombies reunion concert at the Hammersmith Apollo a few years ago and said that Colin singing the Little Anthony number Going Out Of My Head was the best vocal I had ever heard him do , last night when he sang it was his best ever vocal ever .

Saw Colin and Rod last night at the Rough Trade record store Spitalfields , Brilliant , playing an acoustic set to about 100 fans . I said when I saw the Zombies reunion concert at the Hammersmith Apollo a few years ago and said that Colin singing the Little Anthony number Going Out Of My Head was the best vocal I had ever heard him do , last night when he sang it was his best ever vocal ever .

Think he did that here too.:thumbsup:

Graeme Douglas & The Hot Flyers kick off their Kernow tour tonight. Liskeard calling to the far away towns > [video=youtube;Q5oPXy8dFBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5oPXy8dFBM[/video]

Including Dragonfly, I trust?

Edit.Also intend to do a vinyl conversion,"one of these days." :smile:

Last edited:
Snuff - Electric Ballroom - an hour ago. Took a bunch of youngsters from work and they fully embraced the mosh pit with burly mid 40 year olds. Who could fail to love a punk cover of the theme to Black Beauty with trombone?

Back