• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billy Bragg at The Union Chapel last night. Very enjoyable - it is a lovely setting - but a little less chat and he could have got a few more songs in.

Yes, I know listening to him give his views on the world situation is part of the whole experience of a Billy gig but he could have wound it in a little bit...

Going to see Viet Cong at Ramsgate Music Hall tonight. Rather excited...

[video=youtube;hdMz7BUtOvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdMz7BUtOvk[/video]

Billy Bragg at The Union Chapel last night. Very enjoyable - it is a lovely setting - but a little less chat and he could have got a few more songs in.

Yes, I know listening to him give his views on the world situation is part of the whole experience of a Billy gig but he could have wound it in a little bit...

I saw Julian Cope a while back, just him and his 12 string and it was exactly the same. I am all for a bit bit of banter with the audience but up to 5 minutes between songs was a bit much!

Perhaps Billy has to pad his gigs out .

Going to see the always excellent Matt Boulter in Leigh tonight - I do love a gig I can walk home from...

[video=youtube;3IlNmeBnP8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlNmeBnP8I[/video]

Went to see Jesus Jones at the Garage in Highbury the other day, one of my all time favourite venues. First time I've ever seen them live, took me back 20 years. Cracking night ended in time honoured tradition in the 'Spoons opposite. Work the next day was no so fun though.....

Went to see Jesus Jones at the Garage in Highbury the other day, one of my all time favourite venues. First time I've ever seen them live, took me back 20 years. Cracking night ended in time honoured tradition in the 'Spoons opposite. Work the next day was no so fun though.....

I havent been to the Garage in years. Great place.

I havent been to the Garage in years. Great place.

Nor me, the last gig I went to there was Grant Lee Phillips, or possibly the Broken Family Band, both being a couple of the best gigs I've seen. I remember the glory days with Rosa Mota seemingly the resident support band. Loved them too.

The marvellous Martin Simpson at Devoran Parish Church (part of a series of gigs put on by Mrs Grumpy) - a capacity crowd of 100 odd went away happy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Slayer and Anthrax were ace at Brixton last night. It's 25 years since I last saw Anthrax and 24 since I last saw Slayer, and very little has changed - like being 18 again for 1 evening...

[video=youtube;HAWu0U83DnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAWu0U83DnA[/video]

Saw Death at the 100 club on tuesday night, anyone who doesn't know their story should watch "a band called death". Great story and great music

To save us all the time and effort why not give us a short version.

A Band Called Death is the story of three musician brothers, born to a Baptist preacher and his wife in 1950s Detroit. In their teenage years, the three brothers (to five other siblings) emerge as, first, a budding rock/funk band, ultimately evolving into punk band Death. Influenced by music by Alice Cooper and The Who, the group was heavily-steered by the guidance and decisions of visionary eldest brother and guitarist, David Hackney. The story follows the brothers' unsuccessful attempts to get radio airplay and a record deal, largely due to David's adamant refusal to change the name from Death. An eventual trek east finds the boys in Burlington, Vermont, living with relatives and reflecting on the failure of David's vision. We begin to explore post-Death projects in The 4th Movement, a gospel/rock band with the same line-up. However, after two years of being homesick, David returns to Detroit, leaving Dannis and Bobby to form a lively reggae band called Lambsbread. The film also focuses on the intense brotherly bond between the group members, and their personal lives, including David Hackney's battle with alcoholism, his death in 2000 and his family members' reactions to these events. The film follows the re-discovery of the group through record collectors leading to an eventual release of Death's album ...For the Whole World to See by the Drag City record label and the group's eventual reunion and touring with a new guitarist.

Off the top of my head I can think of ten songs I'd have loved to have heard that he didn't play. But he certainly enjoys being on his soapbox :smile:

He put some serious ****s into me on Twitter a year or so back. Got quite heated as I remember.............He blocked me :smile:

Currently travelling on the A roads to get to PZ tonight. Poor Eric will feel he's travelled the whole wide world by the time he gets here. >[video=youtube;Hvi5Ea4GRtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvi5Ea4GRtY[/video]

Back