• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wilko Johnson in fine form at the Giants of Rock festival at Minehead finishing his set with Back in the Night and She does it Right and encoring with Johnny B Goode.

wj01.jpgwj02.jpgwj03.jpgwj04.jpgwj05.jpg

For more pics click here

Last edited:
Saw John Mayall in Girona last night.At 79 the Godfather of British Blues is still doing a great job out on the road.Hugely enjoyable.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Caravan did a decent set on Saturday. Lead singer Pye Hastings has voice very similar to David Gilmour. They did their most famous songs finishing with a full 20 minute plus version of Nine Feet Underground from In the Land of Grey and Pink.

Last edited:
Rob Noxious;1614119[B said:
]Great gig at Bar Lambs on Saturday (or downstairs at The Moonraker for those of you who've not been there in a while)[/B] as Westcliff-based troubador Phil Burdett launched his new album, 'Dunfearing and the West Country High,' with his fine band. Album review here too > http://robnoxiouspresents.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/its-where-ye-have-to-go.html

Blimey.Last time I went in there, the regular punters all looked looked they'd spent a fair bit of time in the nick.:omg:

I saw Graham Bonnet on his Catch the Rainbow tour on Friday at Wakefield's Warehouse23 Club. Despite a bad throat, and his stage monitors not working properly, the former Rainbow lead singer gave it his all belting out classics such as Since You Been Gone, Long Live Rock 'n' Roll and my favourite Stargazer. Although I have to say the set was on the short side at 80 minutes including the encore.

I'd never seen Bonnet in the flesh before, and I was quite surprised how thin he was especially compared to his more rotund and hairy band mates.

b1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpgb4.jpgb5.jpg

I saw Graham Bonnet on his Catch the Rainbow tour on Friday at Wakefield's Warehouse23 Club. Despite a bad throat, and his stage monitors not working properly, the former Rainbow lead singer gave it his all belting out classics such as Since You Been Gone, Long Live Rock 'n' Roll and my favourite Stargazer. Although I have to say the set was on the short side at 80 minutes including the encore.

I'd never seen Bonnet in the flesh before, and I was quite surprised how thin he was especially compared to his more rotund and hairy band mates.

View attachment 2618View attachment 2619View attachment 2620View attachment 2621View attachment 2622

A great vocalist - and what a performance on this! >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC1auBpqZ4E&feature=kp

[video=youtube_share;r9a87Q3w7Ds]http://youtu.be/r9a87Q3w7Ds[/video]

Saw Bill Frisell earlier tonight in Terrassa.He's simply a wonderful guitarist.

Nice guy too.

I have great memories of the classic 'rods' line up playing gigs at RH in the east stand bar on a six inch high stage. Graeme Douglas would provide all the whiney unnecessary guitar bits that turned a good gig into a great one!
Yes - The Roots Rock Club on a Sunday night with Lee Brilleaux and Sparko propping up the bar!

Back