• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cracking evening at Wilton's Music Hall in aid of Shelter last night. One of the most interesting venues I've ever been to and if the pre-gig Q&A with Billy Bragg, Frank Turner and Steve Pac-A-Mac was a little long-winded and self indulgent, the music was excellent.

Highlight for me was Bragg, on the anniversary of Kirsty McColl's death, performing her version of 'A New England'. Pretty emotional.

Cracking evening at Wilton's Music Hall in aid of Shelter last night. One of the most interesting venues I've ever been to and if the pre-gig Q&A with Billy Bragg, Frank Turner and Steve Pac-A-Mac was a little long-winded and self indulgent, the music was excellent.

Highlight for me was Bragg, on the anniversary of Kirsty McColl's death, performing her version of 'A New England'. Pretty emotional.

um..what's the difference between his original version and her cover? :unsure:

IIRC,her version (and I have a copy in my record collection) was a bit quicker that's all.

um..what's the difference between his original version and her cover? :unsure:

IIRC,her version (and I have a copy in my record collection) was a bit quicker that's all.

Kirsty added the new final verse.

Once upon a time at home,
I sat beside the telephone,
Waiting for someone to pull me through,
When the phone didn't ring,
I knew it wasn't you.

Kirsty added the new final verse.

Once upon a time at home,
I sat beside the telephone,
Waiting for someone to pull me through,
When the phone didn't ring,
I knew it wasn't you.

Thank you sir. Trying to explain to my friend last night that he was doing a (sort of) cover of his own song was a bit confusing!

Went and saw Black Sabbath at O2 last week, have to say the music was great but its time for Ozzie to hang up the microphone,great showman but a shadow of himself as expected :sad:

[video=youtube_share;tmli9-51EAs]http://youtu.be/tmli9-51EAs[/video]

Van Morrison's concert at the Liceu Opera House earlier this evening was unquestionably the pop gig of the year here in Barcelona.
With his version of Baby Please Don't Go, sigued with Parchment Farm, a personal favourite.Wonderful stuff.:thumbsup:

[video=youtube_share;tmli9-51EAs]http://youtu.be/tmli9-51EAs[/video]

Van Morrison's concert at the Liceu Opera House earlier this evening was unquestionably the pop gig of the year here in Barcelona.
With his version of Baby Please Don't Go, sigued with Parchment Farm, a personal favourite.Wonderful stuff.:thumbsup:
poor management for Van - someone where I work deals with Van and I fielded a phone call saying 'Van is playing a gig tomorrow and we don't know where' - neither did I.

poor management for Van - someone where I work deals with Van and I fielded a phone call saying 'Van is playing a gig tomorrow and we don't know where' - neither did I.

It was sold out here, pretty soon after the tickets went on sale, a month ago .

Dunno quite why,(unless it was pure narcissism) but quite a lot of people were taking selfies in front of the prominent sold out sign just outside the Liceu,thus making it difficult for other punters with tickets to get in.

Great concert but ridiculously expensive.

In similar vein, Wilko is booked to appear at the R&B weekend at Skegness in two weeks time. Feelgood (current non original lineup), Rods & Nine Below Zero also all on the bill. A fave of mine, Geno Washington, is also there. Appears to now be sold out but I bought my tickets some time ago - really looking forward to it.

http://www.bigweekends.com/splash-pages/rock-blues.aspx

Only downside is that I am going to miss the Hull game:'(

Friends of mine's son is the lead man in a local band called "Nothing but Thieves", they're backed quite highly and are performing at Chinnerys on 20th Feb - if anyone is interested, have a look on YouTube and maybe go along. They do a lot of their own stuff as well as some covers, not in the "pop" vein though.

Back