• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going to see Taylor Swift at Suncorp Stadium in December. Joys of having a pop music mad 8 year old daughter.

Sounds terrible.

Spoiler:  
hpcLg.jpg

I haven't been to a gig since October last year but I have 2 coming up in December in the space of less than 2 weeks!

Iniquity re-union tour at the Blackheart in Camden on the 1st then Defeated Sanity and Deranged (with my mates band one of the support acts) on the 12th at the same venue.

Anyone else go to Suede at the Cliffs tonight? First 4 songs aside (which were from the latest album which i dont know) thought it was very good. Anderson is a great front man and sounds very good live. Played alot of the old classics particularly from the 1st album.

Excellent gig! I have liked plenty of their songs in the past & didn't realise how much I knew.

Brett is a superb frontman, as you said. Can't wait to see them again.

Have just bought their singles CD for a quid since then!!image.jpg

Off to see Phronesis (fantastically dynamic jazz trio) tomorrow in London, Television at the Roundhouse on Tuesday and Sigur Ros at the Brighton Centre on Wednesday. Gig of the year so far was Nick Cave at the Dome in Brighton.

Next Wednesday (27th) I am going to see Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings at the Cliffs Pavilion, this is the seventh time I have seen them in Southend since 2002 (2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011). Always a great show with many great musicians all enjoying themselves. The special guest this time is Maria Muldaur (Midnight at the oasis fame). Sadly Georgie Fame will not be appearing as he was recently rushed to hospital whilst on tour. Before their first visit in 2002 Bill Wyman had not been to Southend since 1965 when he played at the old Odeon Cinema with "The Rolling Stones". I have met Bill a few times and he really is a nice guy as well as being a big Crystal Palace Fan having been born in Penge South East London.

B.B.The Legend Lives On.;1582398[B said:
]Next Wednesday (27th) I am going to see Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings at the Cliffs Pavilion, this is the seventh time I have seen them in Southend[/B] since 2002 (2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011). Always a great show with many great musicians all enjoying themselves. The special guest this time is Maria Muldaur (Midnight at the oasis fame). Sadly Georgie Fame will not be appearing as he was recently rushed to hospital whilst on tour. Before their first visit in 2002 Bill Wyman had not been to Southend since 1965 when he played at the old Odeon Cinema with "The Rolling Stones". I have met Bill a few times and he really is a nice guy as well as being a big Crystal Palace Fan having been born in Penge South East London.

Should be a great gig.I've seen them 4 or 5 times over the years here in Barna.:thumbsup:

Nip down to the Plough in westcliff, Wednesday December 4 It's open mic' and my band, Petra Viva will be on at 9pm. Come and say Hello to the bassist! :happy:

Next Wednesday (27th) I am going to see Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings at the Cliffs Pavilion, this is the seventh time I have seen them in Southend since 2002 (2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011). Always a great show with many great musicians all enjoying themselves. The special guest this time is Maria Muldaur (Midnight at the oasis fame). Sadly Georgie Fame will not be appearing as he was recently rushed to hospital whilst on tour. Before their first visit in 2002 Bill Wyman had not been to Southend since 1965 when he played at the old Odeon Cinema with "The Rolling Stones". I have met Bill a few times and he really is a nice guy as well as being a big Crystal Palace Fan having been born in Penge South East London.
Last night a great time was had by all(good to know that Georgie Fame is on the mend) "Great Concert" with the Cliffs being almost sold out. I went backstage before the concert and spent about 10 minutes talking to Bill Wyman as well as getting a few bits signed by him, I gave him a copy of the Century United the History of Southend United(signed by authors Dave Goody & Peter Miles)but as he is a Palace fan I also had it signed by Peter"Spud Taylor just to soften the blow. Thanks for a great evening guys long may it continue?.

At the Boogaloo last night for the first of the Rifles' annual Christmas gigs - head hurts this morning so that, in addition to what I remember, indicates it was a good night! Plus got to meet the very wonderful Tom Kerridge who is a huge Rifles fan too :thumbsup:

Oh yer, just googled his name. Oops! :blush:

(Though in my defence, I don't watch that Great British Menu as they've milked it drier than the Sahara).

Back