• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Used to be the Music Machine,didn't it?Saw a lot of great gig's there back in the 70's including TRB and The Jam.

I certainly remember it being the Camden Palace, but the magic of Wikipedia tells me it was indeed known as the Music Machine back in the 70s/80s. Saw Wilko there last year; delighted to see that he's still going and lined up for Glastonbury in the summer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koko_(venue)

Went to see Bluey and Incognito, Light of the World, AWB (all on stage together for the first time ever) Lulu and Jocelyn Brown at The Jazz Cafe in Camden a couple of weeks back for a cancer charity gig. Absolutely brilliant night. I know soul, funk and jazz isn't everyone's cup of tea but Lulu at 65 still manages to rock the place. It was a real throwback to the late 70's, 80's and 90's soul/funk scene I grew up with and love so much and had chats with some old hero's of mine from back in the day such as Georgie B (Light of the World) Breeze (Second Image) Kenny Thomas and Bluey himself.

Highlight of the night.....Jocelyn Brown. Man has that woman still got it. The womans voice is something else.

Went to see Bluey and Incognito, Light of the World, AWB (all on stage together for the first time ever) Lulu and Jocelyn Brown at The Jazz Cafe in Camden a couple of weeks back for a cancer charity gig. Absolutely brilliant night. I know soul, funk and jazz isn't everyone's cup of tea but Lulu at 65 still manages to rock the place. It was a real throwback to the late 70's, 80's and 90's soul/funk scene I grew up with and love so much and had chats with some old hero's of mine from back in the day such as Georgie B (Light of the World) Breeze (Second Image) Kenny Thomas and Bluey himself.

Highlight of the night.....Jocelyn Brown. Man has that woman still got it. The womans voice is something else.

Ha! I remember seeing Lulu on the same bill as the Beach Boys back in the 60's.She was very nice to a couple of star struck teenagers, (me and my mate) outside the stage door,before what was a memorable concert.

There was a dozen or so Dukla Prague away kits on show when Half Man Half Biscuit took the stage at a packed Picturedrome in Homefirth last night. Their set lasted well over 90 minutes including ******* Hell it's Fred Titmus, Trumpton Riots, We Built this Village and Joy Division's Transmission during the encore. There was a slight technical issue during the gig, I think it was a dodgy transformer!

hmhb01.jpghmhb02.jpghmhb04.jpghmhb05.jpghmhb09.jpg

On Wednesday I caught Yes on their latest tour at the almost sold out City Hall in Sheffield. The band played three of their 'classic' albums, Close To The Edge, Going For The One and The Yes Album in as they appeared on the original vinyl release. I must say I enjoyed the experience of knowing exactly what was going to be played and in which order we were going to hear them, especially from albums which had spent plenty of time on my turntable over the years. The highlights for me were Siberian Khatru, a spellbinding Awaken and the broodingly powerful ending to Starship Trooper.

I have not seen the original lead singer Jon Anderson perform live, unfortunately he is no longer able tour, but his latest replacement seemed to make a more than decent effort to fill the legendary frontman's shoes and get very close to his vocal style.

If you like Yes and they are playing near you, I'd urge you to get a ticket. And at £35 for nearly three hours on stage, you can't say you don't get value for money.

yes2.jpgyes4.jpgyes5.jpgyes8.jpgyes9.jpg

**** Banana - like Minnie Mouse fronting a punk arse thrash metal band - summed up nicely by a blind man on the way out telling his mate 'and now my hearing is ****ed too'

Sorry and sorry once more and indeed thrice times sorry for it is all my fault.
i used the M word many times to describe barna and he complained and therefore it was forbidden forever which is strange because I felt at the time and still do that it was accurate description of my fav poster.
The M word is slang terms means fecking idiot.
Sorry once again.

i used the M word many times to describe barna and he complained and therefore it was forbidden forever which is strange because I felt at the time and still do that it was accurate description of my fav poster.
Sorry once again.
Damn - and I turned up here just to see what gig you'd been to!

Sorry once again.

Personally,I like to think of the **** ban as a tribute to Canvey Shrimper's fairmindedness.

RIP,Harry.

ps Going to a Chick Corea gig tonight.Will talk about it later.

Back