• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The average age of the audience was probably 50+ :hilarious:

Actually as many took kids that lowered the age a bit :smile:

Was surprised at how many little kids there were, but also how many 20 somethings as well. That said the majority of the crowd did seem to be greying, middled age spread affected types. Me being one of them.

Actually as many took kids that lowered the age a bit :smile:

Was surprised at how many little kids there were, but also how many 20 somethings as well. That said the majority of the crowd did seem to be greying, middled age spread affected types. Me being one of them.

Think my nephews went, who are mid 20s. Apart from the occasional song, Maiden and all their ilk have never been my thing.

[video=youtube_share;cTwugDonGfs]http://youtu.be/cTwugDonGfs[/video]

Bassekou Kouyaté and Taj Mahal in Sète on Sunday night.

A wonderful evening of music from Mali and the country blues.

I know of several people who have gone down the Oysterfleet tonight to see The Strypes...means nothing to me, but I'm sure some of you will know!

Yesterday I headed down to Holmfirth to see Spiritualized at the Picturedrome, a converted cinema located in the town where the Beeb filmed much of Last of the Summer Wine. It may look at bit shabby on the outside, but I thought it was a nice, if old fashioned venue. The acoustics sounded pretty similar where ever you stood, the doormen were friendly, and I am sure my chum Paul would have appreciated the free pork pie with a pint offer in the bar before the doors opened.

I thoroughly enjoyed the gig, Spiritualized played mostly their up tempo, wall of sound style numbers, only dipping into their more maudlin back catalogue once. However, Jason Pierce seemed an odd fellow. The spaceman walked on to stage wearing mirrored Aviator shades, sat on a stool side on to the audience and began to play his guitar. Not once did he seem to acknowledge the audience or even his band. Maybe he was in the zone, or just happy let his music speak for its self.

I hope the be back at the Picturedrome in a few weeks to see The Damned.

For some pics, click here

oh man that must have been awesome, didn't know they were playing Holmfirth... would definitely have gone!

Last Sunday I popped down to the Picturedrome to catch The Damned's gig. Sensible was pretty much as he ever was in his trademark red beret and shades, whereas Vanian has dropped his Vampire style garb from the old days. All the classics were played with enthusiasm and gusto from the opening number Love Song, via my favourite, Plan 9 Channel 7 to the encore closing Smash It Up. Indeed, most of the set was taken from the Machine Gun Etiquette album. A thoroughly enjoyable night at what seemed like a pretty full Picturedrome.

Neat Neat Neat

Click here for a few pics from the gig

Le Strange, The Old Bell Enfield, EN1, Saturday Augutst 10. I'll be there. Spose I'd better be as I'm the drummer. Anyone about that night is welcome

The Strypes gig I referred to earlier at the Oysterfleet last night was put on by none other than Wilko, who sang with the lads as they performed some old Feelgood tracks. A band well worth looking out for, only youngsters, supporting the Arctic Monkeys on tour apparently.

The Strypes gig I referred to earlier at the Oysterfleet last night was put on by none other than Wilko, who sang with the lads as they performed some old Feelgood tracks. A band well worth looking out for, only youngsters, supporting the Arctic Monkeys on tour apparently.

Useless Oysterfleet website!

not a clue

[video=youtube_share;cBstNWvUekw]http://youtu.be/cBstNWvUekw[/video]

Saw The Moorings here at a free concert in Marseillan on Thursday night.

Too loud and **** poor.

[video=youtube_share;mSqV31Qntrs]http://youtu.be/mSqV31Qntrs[/video]

Excellent show.Great 8 piece brass band.Don't think I've ever seen choreography and lighting so well integrated with the music.Hard cheese on anyone who wanted to film the concert on their mobile/ipad.:thumbsup:

Just been to a gig by the Bev Bevan Band - billed as a band that would play songs from his previous bands - the Move, ELO, Black Sabbath etc - thought this might be interesting. After watching a dodgy singersongwriter support - the band came out - drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and a female singer - they launched into some Motown covers - which suprised me as I did not think Bev played for Motown. The man himself came to the front and told us of his musical history - saying he would do one Move song, a couple of ELO and no Black Sabbath - to the consternation of some guys in Sabbath t-shirts. The band launched into more covers - ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac, Dusty Springfield, Chuck Berry - after half an hour of this still no Move or ELO - so I made my excuses and left.

Now I have nothing against cover bands (indeed my brother makes his living out of playing covers) but a felt a bit cheated - it was not what I was expecting - Beware !!!!

[video=youtube_share;vZlGYkEmsLQ]http://youtu.be/vZlGYkEmsLQ[/video]

Hugely enjoyable show by AFL at the Palace on Saturday.He did a few covers too-like this one.:smile:

[video=youtube_share;g2u_rEcWW8M]http://youtu.be/g2u_rEcWW8M[/video]

Great show last night at BARTS.If KK is on tour anywhere near you he's well worth catching.At 77 it's reasonable to assume he won't be on the road too much longer.

My old friends the Osmonds, in Jimmy's American Jukebox at the Cliffs last night. Top notch, as always, smooth, professional and highly enjoyable. Re-created their old 50s medley and their Stevie Wonder medley they used to go at concerts back in the 70s, plus covering Elton John, 70s disco and others, and a lovely homage to Andy Williams, who, most are probably aware, was the person responsible for their break. He actually left them permission to use his voice in their tours, and requested they perform at his funeral last year.

It's always like a big family reunion, so much warmth and genuine affection.....and an amazing lot of "blokes" there, as mentioned by Jimmy!

Back