• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

https://southendtheatres.org.uk/Online/default.asp

The Blues Band are coming to the Palace Theatre on Friday 5th October.
(I had originally planned to come over for this and our home game against Barnet on the Saturday but a good mate has booked a flight over to Barcelona for that weekend).
Anyone who's seen them play(and I remember a gig they did at the Cliffs back in the 80's)knows what a great live band they are.Should be a fantastic night out.

Crikey another close escape - can go to the Barnet game and the Palace in peace :winking:

You'd probably like Sharon van Etten

[video=youtube;hYgyQ20TJAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYgyQ20TJAs[/video]

Just found out that Sharon Van Etten is appearing in Barna on September 29 at La [2]de Apolo - a gig for Barmy to check out ! :smile:

Just found out that Sharon Van Etten is appearing in Barna on September 29 at La [2]de Apolo - a gig for Barmy to check out ! :smile:

Yeah I saw that yesterday.Don't think I'll be seeing her but probably will go to Richard Hawley who's playing there (again)at the much larger Sala1 in October.Incidentally,the last time I went to the Apolo's Sala 2 was last November to see The Zombies.http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-zombies/2010/la-2-de-apolo-barcelona-spain-23d5608f.html
Excellent room(probably about 500 capacity).Great concert.Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone seemed genuinely pleased to be playing again and suprised that so many people knew their stuff).
Gave my credit card a bit of a beating yesterday getting a couple of tickets for Patti Smith at the Palau in November.
(In other news the Cerdanyola Blues Festival held in October has now become a bi-annual, event thanks to the crisis).

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that yesterday.Don't think I'll be seeing her but probably will go to Richard Hawley who's playing there (again)at the much larger Sala1 in October.Incidentally,the last time I went to the Apolo's Sala 2 was last November to see The Zombies.http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-zombies/2010/la-2-de-apolo-barcelona-spain-23d5608f.html
Excellent room(probably about 500 capacity).Great concert.Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone seemed genuinely pleased to be playing again and suprised that so many people knew their stuff).
Gave my credit card a bit of a beating yesterday getting a couple of tickets for Patti Smith at the Palau in November.
(In other news the Cerdanyola Blues Festival held in October has now become a bi-annual, event thanks to the crisis).

Saw Zombies in Falmouth a couple of years ago with Shrimpero - can confirm your opinion

Leonard Cohen.Palau Sant Jordi.Barcelona.First night of his new tour.Absolutely sublime three and a half hour show.If anything even better than his last concert here two years ago.Loved his version of the Drifters Save the last dance for me as his last encore(segued with Closing Time).Simply wonderful.

Ray Davies at the Cliff's last night was great entertainment.
A good number of Kink's classics including Autumn Almanac in which he changed the destination of his holiday from Blackpool to Southend. Also even though he is a Gooner he asked how the local team Southend United where doing in his chat between song's Have seen him do better gig's but this was still very good

Ray Davies at the Cliff's last night was great entertainment.
A good number of Kink's classics including Autumn Almanac in which he changed the destination of his holiday from Blackpool to Southend. Also even though he is a Gooner he asked how the local team Southend United where doing in his chat between song's Have seen him do better gig's but this was still very good

He did his solo gig here a few years back.Simply wonderful and a great story teller.Even my wife remembers the green room story.

Saw Moyet at Ronnie Scotts on Monday - best gig ever.

Alison's style really suited the jazz club scene. Played from album catalogue avoiding hits with one or two covers thrown in.

Anyone else go?

As for the venue - wow. First time been there, well impressed. Efficient and friendly, good food, and atmosphere by the bucket load (they manage to achieve a hint of 'seedy club' without it actually being that if you know what I mean, reckon it's the red lights). Will look out for more stuff going on there.

Anyone else been to Ronnie Scott's? If so, your impressions?

And good news is Moyet will be touring again in 2013 with a new album out. Bound to be at the Cliff's again, reckon we should get TBV down there with flags n scarfs and insist on 'Blue'!

Saw Moyet at Ronnie Scotts on Monday - best gig ever.

Alison's style really suited the jazz club scene. Played from album catalogue avoiding hits with one or two covers thrown in.

Anyone else go?

As for the venue - wow. First time been there, well impressed. Efficient and friendly, good food, and atmosphere by the bucket load (they manage to achieve a hint of 'seedy club' without it actually being that if you know what I mean, reckon it's the red lights). Will look out for more stuff going on there.

Anyone else been to Ronnie Scott's? If so, your impressions?

And good news is Moyet will be touring again in 2013 with a new album out. Bound to be at the Cliff's again, reckon we should get TBV down there with flags n scarfs and insist on 'Blue'!

I've been to Ronnie's a few times,both before and after the recent (ish)Sally Greene make over.It's an excellent place to see a Jazz/Blues act.
Remember the really old days there well(so will RitchieC)when you could have a drink in the upstairs bar and listen to the music being piped in from the room below for free.

I went to Ronnie Scott's years ago. It's OK. I preferred the Jazz Cafe, where I saw Edwin Starr; and the Blockheads.

I might be seeing Richard Cheese soon - couldnt get a ticket to his gig, but might get tickets to the Jonathan Ross show where he's playing. (Tickets from Mr. RC himself!)

:thumbsup:

Off to see Radiohead at the O2 tomorrow with an old University chum. Quite excited, haven't seen them in 3/4 years now.

How was it? Seen them several times but after the lacklustre TKOL I haven't bothered with this tour (although it sounds like they've been good live).

The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown played at The Acorn Theatre in Penzance last night - it was a fantastic performance and Arthur was in fine form with a great band too. You can see some of it on The Cornwall Channel on Monday week - featuring an exclusive interview with Arthur by the renowned Retro DJ Rob Noxious!

Back