• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown played at The Acorn Theatre in Penzance last night - it was a fantastic performance and Arthur was in fine form with a great band too. You can see some of it on The Cornwall Channel on Monday week - featuring an exclusive interview with Arthur by the renowned Retro DJ Rob Noxious!

I`ll teach you to burn !

Going to see Carter U.S.M. ON 10th November, supported by Neds Atomic Dustbin, and to round off the blasts from the past - CUD! Oh to be young again..... :sad:

Going to see Carter U.S.M. ON 10th November, supported by Neds Atomic Dustbin, and to round off the blasts from the past - CUD! Oh to be young again..... :sad:

Where abouts?
Sometimes going back to a old band doesnt end well,few years back i went to see flesh for lulu and thought they were dire.

Where abouts?
Sometimes going back to a old band doesnt end well,few years back i went to see flesh for lulu and thought they were dire.

Ha!I saw Lulu back in the 60's (at a BeachBoys gig)and she was very nice to a couple of starstruck teenagers(me and my mate)and stopped for a chat with us outside the stage door after she and the bruvvers had done their sound check.
Though I suspect we're not talking about the same Lulu somehow .:winking:

Ha!I saw Lulu back in the 60's (at a BeachBoys gig)and she was very nice to a couple of starstruck teenagers(me and my mate)and stopped for a chat with us outside the stage door after she and the bruvvers had done their sound check.
Though I suspect we're not talking about the same Lulu somehow .:winking:

No, awful goth band. The singer was in a bizarre telly programme where he & his dippy girlfriend tried to open and run a hotel near Barcelona.

[video=youtube_share;Nppb01xhfe0]http://youtu.be/Nppb01xhfe0[/video]

Esperanza Spalding here in SC as part of the Barcelona Jazz Festival.One of newly re-elected President Obama's favourite musicians,apparently.I had no idea she was so good on bass.

[video=youtube_share;Nppb01xhfe0]http://youtu.be/Nppb01xhfe0[/video]

Esperanza Spalding here in SC as part of the Barcelona Jazz Festival.One of newly re-elected President Obama's favourite musicians,apparently.I had no idea she was so good on bass.

I'm good on Bass too - four pints of it at The Union last night. Very nice indeed!

I saw the wonderful Small Town Doggers* in their spiritual home, The Farmers Arms in Penzance, on Friday evening. Not only did they bring us joyously original tunes about Al Qaeda, holiday homeowners in Kernow and a love song about Stephen ("who 'thumbed' me in his car"), they also had a Naga chilli eating contest between sets. The hot pants contestant winner finished last in this one after putting a chilli up his nose. Strange things happen out in the wild west.
*http://soundcloud.com/todd-barden/sets/small-town-doggers-live-on

Saw Rough Music, a folk duo(Phil Lamble and Pep Tomàs)at the Carders English pub in El Born last night.Started at 10(ish), didn't finish until 1 am.No chili but there was excellent free food on offer for Phil's (delayed) 50th birthday gig.Great night.
I've booked them for my retirement party,if I live that long! :winking:

Back