• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Hook and the Light performing Unknown Pleasures at the Cockpit in Leeds.

Now the Cockpit is underneath Leeds station and I guessing it was an old engineering shed as it has a curious smell.

Anyway the gig was pretty good. It is a shame that Hook has fallen out with his New Order bandmates over playing Joy Division songs. Better him than a tribute band.

ph1.jpgph2.jpgph3.jpgph4.jpgph5.jpg

Last edited:
The Rifles acoustic set at Chinnerys last night - always good, and always better when you get "Tangled" dedicated to you! :winking:

Best gig I ever went to was Oasis in 2009. It was the 2nd Wembley night, a few shows before they split up. Then Beady Eye in 2011 at Brixton O2 Academy.

Saw Pulp at the Sheffield Arena last Sat, it was fantastic. As too were Stars of the Lid at St John's in Hackney last Monday. A mesmarising set with a 9-piece string section and stunning projections against the back of the church.

563621_4877412370342_1023995122_n.jpg

[video=youtube_share;LdJ0cSIbZmM]http://youtu.be/LdJ0cSIbZmM[/video]

I don't do God but I'm a great fan of (some)gospel music.Thought the KGC were superb earlier tonight.:thumbsup:

208 at The Ship in Leigh last night were excellent, top numbers especially some Blues Brothers and Chuck berry numbers. Loads of "dad's dancing" going on. And they serve Brains ale too. Lots of money raised for YMCA as this years charity.

208 at The Ship in Leigh last night were excellent, top numbers especially some Blues Brothers and Chuck berry numbers. Loads of "dad's dancing" going on. And they serve Brains ale too. Lots of money raised for YMCA as this years charity.

:thumbsup:.Always liked the Ship as a venue.Eric Bibb and Dave Bronze did a memorable(free) gig there some years ago now.

Squeeze at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in a couple of hours. Very much looking forward to this one.

They were excellent by the way. Caught the last two songs of Paul Heaton's set too, which included a blistering version of 'Caravan Of Love'.

Next stop My Bloody Valentine and then Suede

21st anniversary of the legendary Pearl Jam gig at The Esplanade which I was lucky enough to be at. To commemorate it tribute act Pearl Jammer are playing Chinnerys on 2nd March. I've not seen them but I've heard they are very good so for £8 I'm going to head down there.

21st anniversary of the legendary Pearl Jam gig at The Esplanade which I was lucky enough to be at. To commemorate it tribute act Pearl Jammer are playing Chinnerys on 2nd March. I've not seen them but I've heard they are very good so for £8 I'm going to head down there.

Jammy bugger. I was asked to go to an Oasis gig at the Ilford Island back in the day, but I turned it down. "Who?" I said. :thumbdown:

I popped along to The Ritz in Manchester on Friday to see Hawkwind. It is around 25 years since I last saw them and the set list has barely changed since then. They weren't quite as good as I remember them, but still a good night out.

h001.jpgh004.jpgh005.jpgh007.jpgh015.jpg

Booked some tickets for Counting Crows in Bristol to add to the Eels in Bournemouth. Nice to make a weekend of it and avoid those London crowds.

Steve Cropper with the Animals - Steve was great but the Animals were a bit pedestrian - but hey ho I was only there to see Steve :smile:

Back