• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joanne Shaw Taylor at Princess Pavilion Falmouth - latest young saviour of the blues - nice looking lady, great guitar player, good singer - but I was bored and left early.

No such chance tonight with the mighty Bellowhead :happy:

I'll "keep 'em peeled" for her then :winking:

Blimey! That must have been awesome seeing them back then!
First time I saw them was at Hammersmith Odeon (as it was) between 'South of Heaven' and 'Seasons...' - I was 3 or 4 rows from the front, it was completely mindblowing. Saw them again at Wembley Arena for Clash of the Titans tour (so might have been 1990 actually) and it wasn't quite the same.

[video=youtube_share;qmJdCpEPIWs]http://youtu.be/qmJdCpEPIWs[/video]

Saw the Pat Metheny Trio at the Auditori last night.He's not as good as John Scofield(IMO)but he's still a first rate Jazz guitarist.

Any one else been in the Springsteen ticket hunt?

I'm so excited as I'm off to Hyde Park AND to Bergen in Norway incorporating a 5 day jaunt to Norway.

[video=youtube_share;qmJdCpEPIWs]http://youtu.be/qmJdCpEPIWs[/video]

Saw the Pat Metheny Trio at the Auditori last night.He's not as good as John Scofield(IMO)but he's still a first rate Jazz guitarist.

I'm actually a bit jealous. Pat's great.

Best jazz guitarist is of course George Benson. Earl Klugh's not bad either. Of course Wes Montgomery is more your classical jazz player. I've seen Ronny Jordan live, he's excellent.

I'm actually a bit jealous. Pat's great.

Best jazz guitarist is of course George Benson. Earl Klugh's not bad either. Of course Wes Montgomery is more your classical jazz player. I've seen Ronny Jordan live, he's excellent.

George Benson (who I've seen live)is a bit MOR for my taste.I'm a great fan of Wes Montgomery's stuff.Haven't heard of the other guys you mention(and will check them out).:thumbsup:

George Benson (who I've seen live)is a bit MOR for my taste.I'm a great fan of Wes Montgomery's stuff.Haven't heard of the other guys you mention(and will check them out).:thumbsup:

If Benson is too MOR, Jordan's more up to date, more smooth/acid jazz. Klugh is again smooth jazz, but with 5 grammy nods.

Saw the Rifles play the first night of their regular pre-Christmas acoustic set at the Boogaloo in Highgate last night. A great night, played a full hour and a half, made all the better by the pub actually having their own brand ale - The General - on sale! Shame our cab driver thought it was nearer to Archway tube than Highgate - what a ****ing long walk up hill THAT was! :omg:

Saw the Rifles play the first night of their regular pre-Christmas acoustic set at the Boogaloo in Highgate last night. A great night, played a full hour and a half, made all the better by the pub actually having their own brand ale - The General - on sale! Shame our cab driver thought it was nearer to Archway tube than Highgate - what a ****ing long walk up hill THAT was! :omg:

HIGHgate, the name sort of gives it away :whistling:

HIGHgate, the name sort of gives it away :whistling:
Yep, but didn't know that till we got there, we got told it was in Archway by one of our number who'd investigated so that was where the driver took us - he'd never heard of the Boogaloo and we'd not picked the cab up from any massive distance away so he should have known!

The great Steve Tilston (but no Paul Brutsh) - at Miss Peapods Penryn - marvellous acoustic blues/folk plus great support from daughter Martha, showcasing songs from his latest album `The Reckoning`

Looking forward to seeing the mighty Ben Jordan* at The Union in Penzance tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben makes a bigtime breakthrough in 2012 > www.myspace.com/benandtheheathens

*as featured on The Rob Noxious Retro Radio Show*

The Australian Pink Floyd show are touring here in 2012 .. Quite simply THE greatest tribute act in the world (Dave Gilmour is a member of their fan club) they are at The Cliffs Pavillion on Friday 30th March ... that'd be the same Friday 30th March that Cheltenham visit RH :angry: :angry: :angry: Going to Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday 24th instead, missing Bristol Rovers away but hope to find a pub in London with Geoff and the boys from Sky Sports News

Lining up The Bootleg Beatles at The Cliffs on Thursday March 8th though knowing my luck they'll bring it forward to the Tuesday (Creepy at home)

Off to see the Kaiser Chiefs at the Cliffs Pavillion tonight, i loved their early stuff but i've been a bit underwhelmed by their recent output so i'm going more in hope than expectation really .. fingers crossed for a good 'un

[video=youtube_share;5HmutYNenWs]http://youtu.be/5HmutYNenWs[/video]

Saw Janis Ian at the Sala Apolo here in Barcelona last night.(My excuse for not listening in to the Swindon game).Her first ever gig here and the first time I've known the Apolo(a dance hall/disco)to put in seats.She's a really excellent folk singer-and at 60 later this year- at the top of her game.:thumbsup:

[video=youtube_share;JaPaHgVAenU]http://youtu.be/JaPaHgVAenU[/video]

Wayne Hancock at Sidecar,Barcelona.Excellent gig at an excellent venue(probably the smallest in Barcelona now that La Boîte closed its doors a few years back.Alternative country at its best.Check out the lyrics on this track to see why.

[video=youtube_share;JaPaHgVAenU]http://youtu.be/JaPaHgVAenU[/video]

Wayne Hancock at Sidecar,Barcelona.Excellent gig at an excellent venue(probably the smallest in Barcelona now that La Boîte closed its doors a few years back.Alternative country at its best.Check out the lyrics on this track to see why.

For alternative country, check out Small Town Doggers > www.smalltowndoggers.co.uk ... saw them at their spiritual home, The Farmers Arms in Penzance, last night and was wowed once more by their songs about Al Qaeda ("we're gonna kick your leader in his balls"), spit roasts and sensitive types being besmirched by unwelcome sexual transgressions. Fun for all the family.

Back