• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Devil's Creek - rhythm & blues "with a sledgehammer groove" - at The Ship Inn in Mousehole. I believe that Beavis & Butthead would say that they rock. :thumbsup:

"Nostaglia ain't what it used to be"

Anyone who thinks that, clearly wasn't at Brian Wilson's Royal Festival Hall gig on Sunday,(or at either of the previous two nights as a lot of people in the middle of Row E,centre stage,where I was sitting, had been).
Excellent show.The first half of the set(only 45 mins)featured the current Brian Wilson sings Gerwshin CD.The rest of the set(which lasted 2 and half hours) featured classic Beach Boys stuff from the man who wrote all the songs and sang on all the records but never actually performed live(in the UK at least)with them.
As L.P.Hartley said,"the past is a foreign country."Maybe,but memory lane's quite a nice place to be,when it's as good as this.:smiles:

Just finished my mini visit to St Ives September Festival - saw the Big Chris Barber Band (thunderous New Orleans Jazz and authentic style blues), Lau - tremendous folk trio (accordian through a variety of electric gizmos is a sight (and sound) to behold) and last night John Etheridge and John Williams - two masterful guitarists performing a combination of jazz, world and a little classical music.

Roll on next weeks Making Waves festival in Looe

I saw the wonderful Westcliff troubador, Phil Burdett, at The Preview Club (upstairs at The Spread) last Friday. It amazes me that this genius in our midst has not had more recognition. The tracks from the impending album 'Good For Mr. Bad Hat' were really good - particularly enjoyed 'Let It Roll,' a rousing anthemic style song that the big fella delivers with gusto. He can sink a few pints in between sets too. :thumbsup:

The Preview Club is a favourite venue for a young chap called Mark Wynn who hails from Yorkshire but sounds incredibly like Townes Van Zandt, according to Mr. Burdett. He was amazed that someone so young could write such dark songs of knowingness. Mark Wynn appears at TPC on Friday, September 30th - if it's a bummer of a game against Shrewsbury, Blues fans might seek solace in the music of Mark Wynn after the game.

[video=youtube_share;GjY4ivlCjFE]http://youtu.be/GjY4ivlCjFE[/video]

Trombone Shorty.The Bikini,Barcelona.Widely tipped as a future crossover star, this exciting,young New Orleans artist doesn't really fit in the Jazz mould and he's certainly not a Blues man.What he does play well though is funk and excellent trombone and trumpet.Maceo Parker better watch out.

[video=youtube_share;uiongAHJNto]http://youtu.be/uiongAHJNto[/video]
Not often anyone decent comes to sleepy Sant Cugat.But they did last night when the 13 piece Orquestra Buena Vista Social Club with Omara Portuondo came to town.A veritable feast of old style Cuban music.

Got tickets fro Slayer next May in London, 3 days before my birthday. They will be playing the whole of Reign In Blood during their set! :Worthy::headbang:

Got tickets fro Slayer next May in London, 3 days before my birthday. They will be playing the whole of Reign In Blood during their set! :Worthy::headbang:

Where they playing Rich as would love to see them again .. do ya think Creaky might be interested in a night out ??

Joanne Shaw Taylor at Princess Pavilion Falmouth - latest young saviour of the blues - nice looking lady, great guitar player, good singer - but I was bored and left early.

No such chance tonight with the mighty Bellowhead :happy:

Back