• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The marvellous Albert Lee and Hogans Heroes 10/10

To paraphrase Joe Brown (talking about Ry Cooder) - I know what he is doing I can see what he is doing but I cannot do it.

I'm off to the Kings of Leon at Hyde Park and Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl this summer.

I'm in a bit of dilemma for the Foo's. A friend sold me the tickets in the last couple of weeks as she can't make it, so all the hotels in MK and the surrounding are obviously sold out, so the closest one we could book is about 15 miles up the M1 just before Northampton. What's the best solution - drive back to the MK Bowl from the hotel and park in one of the official car parks, taking the chance it won't take hours to get out? Or drive into Northampton itself and get the train to and from the Bowl? Anyone with experiences of this place? Is parking really as horrific as I could possibly imagine!?

Went to see Swedish House Mafia at Alexandra Palace last night. May not be everyones cup of tea, but was quite easily one of the best gigs I have ever been to! For those that don't know they are made up of 3 of the top DJ's in the World that play a mix of Re-mixed songs and their own songs and despite being chav (and for some weird reason, tanktop) central I danced for the whole 2 1/2 hours they were on. Well worth the money of a ticket and certainly better than going to see some of these bands that only play for an hour and charge the same money.

I'm off to the Kings of Leon at Hyde Park and Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl this summer.

I'm in a bit of dilemma for the Foo's. A friend sold me the tickets in the last couple of weeks as she can't make it, so all the hotels in MK and the surrounding are obviously sold out, so the closest one we could book is about 15 miles up the M1 just before Northampton. What's the best solution - drive back to the MK Bowl from the hotel and park in one of the official car parks, taking the chance it won't take hours to get out? Or drive into Northampton itself and get the train to and from the Bowl? Anyone with experiences of this place? Is parking really as horrific as I could possibly imagine!?

I went there in '81 to see Ian Hunter and in '83 to see Bowie with The Beat supporting. It was dismal trying to get out of the CP then so I'm sure it's one helluva lot worse now.

http://www.leighfolkfestival.com/music.html

Just about to load up the rusty white van for its strenuous journey east. Looks like I'll be shuttling from The Billet to The Peter Boat on Sunday. Fingers crossed for the weather - can't have the beer watered down. Hope to see some of you reprobates down the Old Town. :thumbsup:

Just about to load up the rusty white van for its strenuous journey east. Looks like I'll be shuttling from The Billet to The Peter Boat on Sunday. Fingers crossed for the weather - can't have the beer watered down. Hope to see some of you reprobates down the Old Town. :thumbsup:

Am firing up the pocket rocket tomorrow - probably pass you on the way Rob :hilarious: - will be at the Billet on Sunday see you and others there (or be square - sorry giving away my age :whistling:)

Am firing up the pocket rocket tomorrow - probably pass you on the way Rob :hilarious: - will be at the Billet on Sunday see you and others there (or be square - sorry giving away my age :whistling:)

Don't think boozing(however enjoyable)counts as a gig,gents.:joke::Be sure to give us the lowdown on all the music at the Leigh Folk Festival.:winking:

I think the best venue this year is the New Road Methodist Church on Sunday - 4 superb acts in there, just a shame that Pamela Wyn Shannon will be clashing with Martin Carthy.

And a quick plug for the Clarendon Scouts Hut in Old Leigh (next to the Billet) on Saturday night, and again on Sunday from midday, where my record label will be serving up plenty of folk-based frolics...

Back