• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm going to see Roger Waters perform The Wall at the O2 next May, but as i've not been before i thought i'd ask where the best view is from cos i know from experience just paying the most is not neccessarily a guide .. mind you with ticket prices starting at £65 and going up to £175 its going to be a pretty expensive evening wherever i sit

Me to am going. Although the o2 is an awful venue in my opinion. To good an opportunity to miss. If you dont suffer with vertigo you will after being in the gods at the O2.

Hi, anyone else off to see David Guetta this week?

[video=youtube;zudbz4hOcbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudbz4hOcbc&feature=related[/video]

Saw one of my favourite bands Blood Red Throne in London last night, ****ing awesome! My ears are still ringing!

Mine and SUFC_Al's band Beyond Heresy are playing at Chinnerys tonight, our first gig for about 3 and a half years!

I managed to take a photo during the gig....

Barbershop_Quartet2.jpg

Off to see Roger Waters doing "The Wall Live" at the 02 tonight with BlueBlood and the gang..should be a quiet affair.:nope:

Looking forward to seeing 'Gregor & The Martians' at The Studio Bar in PZ tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

Off to see Roger Waters doing "The Wall Live" at the 02 tonight with BlueBlood and the gang..should be a quiet affair.:nope:

Top night and great show with fabulous effects, the highlight for me being David Gilmour joining in on Comfortably numb, the only time he will do so on this tour, the venue went into meltdown and Nick Mason also joining in at the end.

From last night.

[video=youtube;VNRSChj6w4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRSChj6w4c[/video]

[video=youtube;-L42YTWSJtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L42YTWSJtI&feature=player_embedded#at=15[/video]

[video=youtube;TTHX6VsU2ZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTHX6VsU2ZA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Lots more on here: http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/sidewinders-bar-grille/92135-david-gilmour-joins-roger-wall.html

Last edited by a moderator:
On a roll with gigs at the moment -

Unstrung Heroes and Brian McNeil at the wonderful Devoran Acoustic sessions (promoted by Mrs C - no bias required) - the first a Dartmoor version of Transatlantic Sessions, the second seasoned Scottish folk multi-instumentalist (both 9/10)

Kate Rusby and her new band in Truro - 10/10 - this lady is marvellous

Skinny Molly and Martin Turner`s Wishbone Ash at Falmouth - both dreadful - but if you don`t try you don`t know

Off to see folk legend Peggy Seeger tonight and guitar legend Albert Lee in two weeks.

Will then have a rest :zzzzz:

Just to Echoes :winking: what Creaky said ^^^ last night was a top top gig to end a real good day out, it cost me an absolute fortune but well worth every single penny, i'm actually tempted to go to see the show again next week

Gregor & The Martians - a three piece with a sprightly power-pop verve. Lead singer/guitarist looks a bit like a thin Pete Shelley and sings like Brett Anderson. Bassist gives it some visceral action and drummer keeps it tight but busy. All this for free at The Studio Bar in Penzance. Pint of Doom(bar) tasted mighty too. Bootlegged some of it for The Rob Noxious Retro Radio Show (with permission) and hoping to interview the band soon. I know, I'm such a groupie ... :bluebelles:

North Mississippi Allstars Duo

Excellent NMA gig last night at the Bikini in Les Corts.Worthy followers(IMO) in the great footsteps of RL Burnside and Junior Kimborough.
Only downside of the gig was that a lot of the blue and puple tribe were out celebrating something or other at the nearby Nou Camp.:sick:

Looking forward to Phil Burdett and The Lazy Bears playing outside The Billet on the Sunday afternoon. :cool:
Are you up for the Festival? I'm helping out supervising the childrens' activities in Library Gardens on the Saturday! As I understand, there's going to be a bar in the gardens too!!! :happy:

Are you up for the Festival? I'm helping out supervising the childrens' activities in Library Gardens on the Saturday! As I understand, there's going to be a bar in the gardens too!!! :happy:

As The Jackson 5 once sang Kay, I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Back