• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Leave the world behind- Netflix.

Don’t bother, if you watch to half way thinking ‘ I need to see it through to see what happens’ - you don’t

6/10 ( 7 is my base line for good use of my time)

I can barely sleep in long haul cattle class so overnight I watched:

The Miracle Club, Kathy Bates and Maggie Smith. How can you not like Maggie even though she seems to have slipped into a bit of a typecast slot. Obviously not easy at her age. Nevertheless thoroughly watchable.

The entire series 1 and 2 of the Derry Girls. You’ll forgive me when I say I don’t generally watch British terrestrial TV even while back home. Somewhat dubious after the first episode but I stuck with all 12 and not just because it passed six hours of the 13.

Expendables 4. Yep I know! However unlike John Wick and Kill Bill it doesn’t descend too far into unrealistic farce. I do wish Statham would find an accent and stick with it though. His own natural one would be good enough. Loved it. Will now check out cost vs box office.

I can barely sleep in long haul cattle class so overnight I watched:

The Miracle Club, Kathy Bates and Maggie Smith. How can you not like Maggie even though she seems to have slipped into a bit of a typecast slot. Obviously not easy at her age. Nevertheless thoroughly watchable.

The entire series 1 and 2 of the Derry Girls. You’ll forgive me when I say I don’t generally watch British terrestrial TV even while back home. Somewhat dubious after the first episode but I stuck with all 12 and not just because it passed six hours of the 13.

Expendables 4. Yep I know! However unlike John Wick and Kill Bill it doesn’t descend too far into unrealistic farce. I do wish Statham would find an accent and stick with it though. His own natural one would be good enough. Loved it. Will now check out cost vs box office.
Haven't seen a single episode either .Thought I did see the mural to the Derry Girls on a visit to NI the summer before last and will def.catch at least one episode if there's a series 3.

Saw the harrowing Society of the Snow (La Soiedad de la Nieve) earlier at the Balmes Multicine with Mrs T.Think,FWIW,think the Golden Globes got this one right by awarding the GC for best foreign film to the French Anatomy of a Fall.Also 5 gongs for Oppenheimer sounds about righ toot.Let's hope the Baftas& Oscars follow suit. :Winking:

Been catching up with a few films on I-player etc:-

The Father - Anthony Hopkins plays a man with dementia 8/10

Killers of Flower Moon - managed to stay awake through the 3 hours worth 9/10

Sound of Metal - a heavy metal band drummer loses his hearing 8/10

Last edited:
Back