• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw Oppenheimer again last night on DVD.No question in my mind that it's a masterpiece and unquestionably the film of the year.Thought so when I saw it first time around in the summer at the cinema.Seeing it again only confirms that view.

Watched a rerun of Tombstone with Sam Elliott and Curt Russell. I'm a sucker for a well made western, and they don't come better than this.

For a bit of musical culture we re-watched Les Mis last night. I love this musical to death but Russell Crowe and Sacha Baron Cohen should be prosecuted severely for outrageous crimes against musicality. Whoever thought either of them were tight fits for their parts must have been drinking their bathwater! Brilliant performances from the rest of the cast though saved the day.

Happy Xmas day to you all, hope it's a good one.

Saw Tarantino's excellent Once Upon a Time in Hollywoogd again on film 4 last night and in the early hours.Not everone's idea of Xmas viewing perhaps but a wonderful watch.

Equaliser 3. Denzil in full flow death and destruction. Still a great watch, but beware, there are subtitles all the way through so you have to watch it all the time rather than multi task.

Funny there should be a Denzel film above. I watched Roman J Israel Esq. Can see why Denzel got an oscar nomination for it, a very good character. Not sure if he's a genius or a bit autistic.

Funny there should be a Denzel film above. I watched Roman J Israel Esq. Can see why Denzel got an oscar nomination for it, a very good character. Not sure if he's a genius or a bit autistic.
And for a hatrick,
Man on fire was on the TV a few days ago. Great film. The little girl in it is excellent

Just looked her up- Dakota Fleming, who was also in equaliser 3 mentioned above

Imdb
Simply bad
MarioB28 October 2000
Some 1950's Z cheap movies are so bad that they becomes good! But not this one: this is simply bad, despite the good intentions. Actors are awful. David J. Stewart is abominable! The story, very simple, had a bit of Blue Angel (of Marlene Dietrich's fame) in it. Corman wants to reach the teenagers of the time, but the artists he hired were not much known to them. Bob Luman is doing two fine numbers. Not really David Houston. The two of them will reach a certain popularity in the more conservative field of country music in the 1960's.

1704199415690.png

Back