• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Finally succumbed to the hype and watched Mulholland Drive.

Typical David Lynch film, very odd and very confusing, but at the same time a clever and insightful look at Hollywood.

Still trying to work out what actually happened…
Am also not really sure what all the hype was about or why it’s in many critics top 10 greatest movies of all time?!?!
The best thing to do with any film is to judge it for yourself-----Among the many films that I have seen they include "Federico Fellini's 8½" In my opinion it is a load of old pretentious nonsense but the critics and fellow cinefiles rave about it!....It is all about opinions.

Yesterday Ms Baldy and I went to the lovely art deco cinema (The Rio in Dalston) and saw this excellent Finish romantic comedy....

1702288289092.png

Yes, when I was at uni.
Snap .But according to rhe excellent A Northern Wind it was first released on a double bill with Nicholas Roeg's wonderful Don't Look Now: Remember seeing the latter seperately,probably up in town .Fortuatnely I hasd a good mate in Brum who was a fellow film buff and he alerted me to the fact that The Wicker Man was showing at a local fleapit.

Snap .But according to rhe excellent A Northern Wind it was first released on a double bill with Nicholas Roeg's wonderful Don't Look Now: Remember seeing the latter seperately,probably up in town .Fortuatnely I hasd a good mate in Brum who was a fellow film buff and he alerted me to the fact that The Wicker Man was showing at a local fleapit.
What was the name of "the fleapit"?----I not only love films but the cinemas themselves also interest me.

What was the name of "the fleapit"?----I not only love films but the cinemas themselves also interest me.
That was really too long ago for me to remember.:Dunce: BTW I love Fellini's Eight and a half.Probably the first time i saw that was at Aston University's film club (they used to have a joint union with Brum Poly (Since I was on the commitee I used to "help" in their selection of films to book.Sundays for the more intellectual of us and Wed afternnoons (when I used to play football) for the more popular fiilms.Semed a good way to do things. both at the time and since.

Last edited:
Tangled Have you seen this total mystery...

Last Year In Marienbad​

Yeah I quite liked it but would agree that it's a strange film.It was very much a film to see back in the 60's/early 70's along with Hiroshima mon amour,which is rather more accessible ;IMO.Think LY in M might well have been one of the Sunday films I booked for Aston film club .Both Alan Resnais films of course. :Winking:

: L'Année dernière à Marienbad), released in the United Kingdom as Last Year in Marienbad,m's,and%20depicts%20[/URL]

While I accept Last year at Marienbad is the correct translation for the original French title,The film I saw was originally titled Last Year in Marienbad.Dunno when that was changed.

Last edited:
Finally caught up with Ridley's Scott's excellent Napoleon here (on its 3rd week of release (earlier).But then I 've been a fan of pretty much all of his fims since The Duelllists (which must have cost a lot less to make)!:Winking:.While primarily an action film thought the historical stuff was pretty accurate ,despite some reviews which claimed the opposite.

Back