• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

just finished watching Sword of Honour starring Daniel Craig

really shows how disorganised and badly run the British army was at the beginning of ww2. How if you was from the Upper Class rank comes easy, even if you are useless and think your **** dont stink., but overall not a bad movie
Not much changed since Oh, What a Lovely War ! then. :Winking:

Napoleon and whilst I am aware the French have highlighted some historical inaccuracies in the film it still was a good watch and most definitely a one to be seen at the cinema with some amazingly dramatic battle scenes including Waterloo. 8/10
Ha! Remember touring the battlefield with our older daughetr in tow ,she was most upset (and cried) when she learnt that France had lost.!:Winking:

Re-watched Second Hand Lions with Michael Caine and Robert Duvall. Just as good this time round.

Saw a little gem of an English film earler with Mrs T. Scrapper .We both liked it .Set in Essex it got a UK release in the summer according to Peter Bradshawe's review in the Grauniad.

just watched The Lost Empire, very enjoyable film, Great cast and supporting actors, Ben Kingsley he really is a great actor . Definitely recommend it , worth watching .

The Normans although of Viking descent were from Normandy in France. Hence French.
There was no such thing as France then, nor of a French identity and culture. Not as we know it today, anyway. There was an area called West Frankia, essentially the west/north west of of modern France, which full of Gauls, Franks and Norse people - all Germanic.

Finally watched Oppenheimer - rather disappointing, 6/10
I'm surprised by that. I loved it. Cillian Murphy definitely in the running for an Oscar.

There was no such thing as France then, nor of a French identity and culture. Not as we know it today, anyway. There was an area called West Frankia, essentially the west/north west of of modern France, which full of Gauls, Franks and Norse people - all Germanic.

I'm surprised by that. I loved it. Cillian Murphy definitely in the running for an Oscar.
Kingdom of France established in 987AD

Gents, this is the Films you've watched thread, not the History Channel. Back on topic please.

Back