• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw Teresa at the Verdi Park this pm.Fraid I dn't really do religous films .Though this stars the excellent Blanca Portillo and was adapted from a play by Joan Mayorga.The main reason I went to see it was that our older daughter had a small part as an extra in the film.She's mentioned in the credits as Claire S.Also the film is subtitled in English so I imagine they're hoping to do some biz. in the US or or Uk next year.Can't think why.

In the last week I watched all 3 of Alan J Pakula's 'paranoia trilogy';

Klute (1971)
The Parallax View (1974)
All the President's Men (1976)

All 3 are brilliantly written, shot, and acted. 7.5/10 for the first 2 and 9/10 for ATPM, mainly due to the wonderful performances from, and interplay between, Robert Redford & Dustin Hoffman.

If anyone has access to Apple TV then highly recommend watching Slow Horses a brilliant watch about substandard MFI agents a team of misfits headed up by Gary Oldman

Nativity(2009) starring Martin Freeman, 2nd time round for us. If you've ever had kids or you've got them now of junior school age, then this is a must watch film. Very funny.

Scrooge, the 1970 version. Finney is brilliant every time I watch this. It was a bit of an Xmas overdose yesterday after putting the decs up and surviving via a decent bottle of red for us both..

"World War II From The Frontline" (Netflix) This Docu Series has THE most amazing archive material that I have ever seen (much of it now in colour) Miss this at your peril!

Finally succumbed to the hype and watched Mulholland Drive.

Typical David Lynch film, very odd and very confusing, but at the same time a clever and insightful look at Hollywood.

Still trying to work out what actually happened…
Am also not really sure what all the hype was about or why it’s in many critics top 10 greatest movies of all time?!?!

Finally succumbed to the hype and watched Mulholland Drive.

Typical David Lynch film, very odd and very confusing, but at the same time a clever and insightful look at Hollywood.

Still trying to work out what actually happened…
Am also not really sure what all the hype was about or why it’s in many critics top 10 greatest movies of all time?!?!

It needs a second watch

Back