• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Thought it was a wondeful biopic.V.faithful to the book it was based on.
I agree, depends on your polticall viewpoint. Not a film for fascists.
The point of my comment was it was too political. A bit like you. You turn all these things into politics, and unfairly label people far right or fascists. The film was obsessed with Communism. When they told the story of the bombs it was O.K., then it would quickly switch back to suspected Communists and spies.

The point of my comment was it was too political. A bit like you. You turn all these things into politics, and unfairly label people far right or fascists. The film was obsessed with Communism. When they told the story of the bombs it was O.K., then it would quickly switch back to suspected Communists and spies.
A very self revealing comment

A very self revealing comment
Go on then, I'll bite, again, Lol. What have I revealed? If you knew me you would know I would have made the same observations if the film kept going on about Communists, Fascists, or any other nuts faction of the human race. But you have me in your sights for some reason, and keep trying to put me in one of those factions.

Go on then, I'll bite, again, Lol. What have I revealed? If you knew me you would know I would have made the same observations if the film kept going on about Communists, Fascists, or any other nuts faction of the human race. But you have me in your sights for some reason, and keep trying to put me in one of those factions.
Your ill informed comment on the Dublin incident reveals a subtext all too obvious.

Your ill informed comment on the Dublin incident reveals a subtext all too obvious.
What did I say that was wrong. As usual with these things, they try to play it down and say it's not a terrorist attack, for fear of provoking a backlash. They do that on many terrorist attacks. They even did it when David Amess was murdered. I said it was a terrorist attack. They tried to make it the usual mentally ill attacker thing. The murderer was then charged with murder and the prior preparation of terrorist acts.
I'm stupid even engaging with you. I do it because you are so wrong, with the labelling of people nonsense. You've had a go at many on here, even mods. So maybe I'm not being singled out. And wasn't it you that came out with this recently?....Every subject under the sun has a political element. If so, it would explain why you come at things or people from a political point of view.

If you read the book (on which the film was based) Orpheus IIRC then inevitably the film was about the political debate which applied in the 30's and forties ie communism v fascism.That's certainly one of the reasons why I liked it.Incidententally while I am most cetainly political,I didn't call you a facist ,FWIW I certainly think you're right- wing not a facist though.

Last edited:
If yor read the book (on which the film was based) Orpheeus IIRC then inevitably the film was about the political debate which applied in the 30's and forties ie Communism v fascism.That's certainly one of the reasons why I liked it.Incidententally while I am most cetainly political,I didn't call you a facist though ,FWIW I certainly think you're right- wing.
I wasn't referring to you Tangled, blues exile mentioned the fascist thing.

Back