• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Thoroughly enjoyed the repeat of Nic Roeg's Don't look Now (!972) on BBC 2 in the early hours.An absolute masterpiece.Remember when it was first shown ion the box they cut the infamous sex scene.Fortunately the philistines no longer seeem to be in control. :Winking:

Saw Woody Alen's 50th film earller Coup de Chance.Doubt if there'll be many or any more (and I'veseen most-if not all of the other 49).Thought this was silly and contrived.Though my wife (who's French) really liked it.

Saw the Little Richard documentary "I am Everything"on C4 last night.Only problem is I have tickets for it at Barna's In-edit music documentary festival in November.

Saw Ken Loach's superb The Old Oak at the Moncine cinema in Bezeirs earlier.Scripted by his usual collaborator Paul Laverty.If KL is going to quit this is a great film to go out on and much better than the latest Woody Allen,If The Old Oak doen't pick up a gong at the Baftas I'll be suprised.

The Mercy.

Story about a round the world yacht race that ended up on disaster for a dreamer who set the bar a little too high.

The only downside is that once again Colin Firth is playing a couple of divisions higher than he should be.

It's IN-EDit (music documentary) week in Barna so I took myself of to the we Aribau* cinema to see Blues Under the Skin a 1971 French documenary featuring a lot of Blues players in New Orleans ,including BB King.Buddy guy & Junior Wells,Roosevelt Sykes,Sonny Terry & Brownie Mcghee etc. NO looked just like I reememberer it back in 1973!REally quite good!.

* Just round th ecorner from the UBC (ie,the Central University of Barcelona).Perhaps the organisers might want to remember that not all their punters are of student age anymore. :Smile:

Man called Otto, the film didn't initially appeal to me but I'll watch anything with Tom Hanks in it. Pretty decent, nearly got a tear out of me too.

I watched that on a flight about 6 months ago, it reminded me a lot of Gran Torino, except Tom Hanks was never going to start shooting people like Clint Eastwood did. Definitely a bit of a tear jerker though.

Saw Hang on To a Deam:The Zombies Documrntary last night.At !18 Mins this is an excellent feature length look at the only band I can think of apart from perhaps the Stones,from the Beatles era, who are still perforimg (ocasionally ) and producing new music.Glad to say I Saw Rod Argent,Colin Blunstone et al perform her at the small Sala 2 in the Apolo back in 2010 and at the (rather larger) Palladium (on a visit back to the UK ) in 2017.Still going strong are High Wycomb's finest.. :Winking:

Against my better judgement me and the wife watched A haunting in Venice.

One word… Appalling

Can’t even give it 1/10

Big fat zero

Kenneth Brannagh must be ashamed of that.

Avoid

Back