• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

Potential problems for COSU. I don’t know how quick a fix could be to get more of the North Bank open to meet the allocation.

If it’s not doable by the start of November, where do they allocate the rest? Then that means not selling certain seats in the home end for segregation.

A nice problem to have mind, just hope something can be sorted ASAP.
There are two potential areas to explore within the competition rules.

One is paragraph 191.1, which states the allocation of up to 15% must be in a “fully segregated area”.

The second is paragraph 199, which states The FA’s Professional Game Board may vary the away club’s allocation at its “absolute discretion”.

Charlton Fans are saying some really nice things about us online 👏🏻

In summary, they see us a winnable game (obviously) but many have said how it's a proper away day against a proper club 🤝🏻

I for one am looking forward to having a proper club play against us, regardless of the result

They’re equally saying some not very nice things about Bonne.

WAR Bonnie lad

So was talking elsewhere about this game and we can't switch it apparently. We'd lose any revenue benefited from the reversal and potentially be disbarred from the competition the following year. If we can't play it our ground for any reason then it has be played at a nearby neutral ground.

Unusual to have excitement outside match day. Three quarters of the draw I sat shaking and to most of the home sides it was, "Not them!" ..."Please not THEM!"...... "OMG, please not them!" Our N°67 had some close calls with a nasty away draw and in the end, it was more a mantra, "Please, just give us a home tie!" In the end it's a good Cup tie which will be a sell out and guarantee a heavy presence in the away end. OK, our chances of advancement to the Second Round are slim but, at least we avoid the embarrassment of going out to a Woking Yeovil, Boring Wood or worse, a banana skin of a lower league club

Charlton fans in general won’t be interested in a game at home against us. I’d be surprised if there was a gate of over 10k at the valley if it were to be played there.
Away day for them is a different matter.
I'd be surprised if there was even 7k at The Valley?. F.A cup ( especially in the early rds ) isn't the crowd puller it was 30 plus years ago.

Absolutely. Charlton will sell out I reckon.
And we will do 7.5 k easy. Sensible pricing could be very helpful too.
If the game was played on the Fri evening, i'd agree with that crowd figure. If played on the Saturday, i'd expect a thousand less because for some fans today, the early rds don't seem to be as appealing as they were 30 odd years ago?.

If the game was played on the Fri evening, i'd agree with that crowd figure. If played on the Saturday, i'd expect a thousand less because for some fans today, the early rds don't seem to be as appealing as they were 30 odd years ago?.
Why would they be more appealing if played on a Friday evening? Certainly they wouldn't for me.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back