• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

Ron hasn't paid anything, he's 'BORROWED'. Why people can't understand that is beyond me.
I agree and while everyone keeps on about the end of the embargo and all the fabulous strikers we need to sign they seem to have forgotten the obvious fact that signing for SUFC will probably mean periods of no wages and the likelihood of the club being back in court battling HMRC while back under yet another embargo is only a matter of weeks / months away.

Wake up people, why are all these fantastic strikers (if they even exist) going to suddenly want to sign for us with our reputation and embarrassing so called Chairman?

We are in this for the long haul and until that egotistic, arogant person gets his big fat payout and agrees to sell the club I fear this is sadly our lot ☹️

UTB 💙

Last edited:
I agree and while everyone keeps on about the end of the embargo and all the fabulous strikers we need to sign they seem to have forgotten the obvious fact that signing for SUFC will probably mean periods of no wages and the likelihood of the club being back in court battling HMRC while back under yet another embargo is only a matter of weeks / months away.

Wake up people, why are all these fantastic strikers (if they even exist) going to suddenly want to sign for us with our reputation and embarrassing so called Chairman?

We are in this for the long haul and until that egotistic, arogant, lying t©®$$€r gets his big fat payout and agrees to sell the club this is sadly our lot ☹️

UTB 💙
Well it’s depends. If enough fans don’t want to partake in this rm will have to sell

Going back to the title of this thread, I was thinking last night how Ron really has upped his game this season.

When we were in the EFL we would be under an embargo sporadically during the season, but could usually get one or two players in, i.e. he didn't always time the embargo well. However, the issue in the NL is that there are no transfer windows so you can sign players at any point. Ron has really had to step up to the plate to ensure that we're under an embargo for the whole season and can't sign anyone.

It took him last season to get his head round the new rules, but this season he has really upped his game in his efforts to undermine whoever the manager is.

Going back to the title of this thread, I was thinking last night how Ron really has upped his game this season.

When we were in the EFL we would be under an embargo sporadically during the season, but could usually get one or two players in, i.e. he didn't always time the embargo well. However, the issue in the NL is that there are no transfer windows so you can sign players at any point. Ron has really had to step up to the plate to ensure that we're under an embargo for the whole season and can't sign anyone.

It took him last season to get his head round the new rules, but this season he has really upped his game in his efforts to undermine whoever the manager is.
Yeah I feel bad for maher. How long does he keep going under this cloud

Accept little chance of play offs! But my main concern is that some players who Kev would want for next season , need to be resigned to new or extended contracts , could it turn into a complete meltdown in May/June...
Can u renew contracts in an embargo ?

For what it's worth (not a lot it seems...) Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) Ltd was wound up today by the High Court. As at 31/1/20, it was £3.3m in debt.
Actually this could be a lot more serious than it appears on the face of it. Of course it’s hard to make a sensible judgement because the accounts for all Ron’s companies are at least two years out of date, bordering on three.

The ultimate parent company of MD (Leckhampton) is of course Martin Dawn PLC. Martin Dawn PLC own 50% of SEL Uk Ltd who own 72% of the shares in SUFC ltd - how Ron gets his control as he is the majority share holder in MD PLC.

HMRC brought the winding up order against Leckhampton - so have finally scored against Ron.

Even though the net liabilities for MD Leckhampton were £3.3m at Jan 20 the total liability was about £9m offset by loans due from Martin Dawn PLC, Martin Dawn Cheltenham, Roots Hall Ltd and SUFC Ltd totalling £5.65m.

It will be the Liquidators job to recover those loans to pay off creditors. HMRC were owed about £1.5m at Jan 20.

So who knows - it can’t be good.

Last edited:
I see Ryan Reynolds is about to net $300m from the sale of his Mint mobile to T Mobile US

Its a shame Rons not tec savvy, but sadly he embraces the communication skills of a fence post

Are you a tycoon yourself Barry?

I don't think any of us are. Plenty to knock Ron about, but an extraordinary owner at another club in our league is an odd stick to beat him with.

Last edited:
Fans need to know what the hell is going on Does that half wit beleve we can either keep a squad together next season And the chances of losing the tree amigos must be quite high .Does he care not a jot
don`t think he`s bothered about southend united and it`s supporters at the moment.he`s to busy dreaming of all the money coming from all those lovely houses when they start .

Not sure he is dreaming about all the money. He is probably shi**ing himself as it is all about to come down around him and he gets nuffink.

Think this is probably quite close to reality to be honest.

We have been subject to 20 odd years of full on bull**** from RM, the majority of this was fueled by sheer bravado and the arrogance that he could deliver all the things he promised without having the capital to do so.

We now find oursevles in a situation more critical than at any other time during his regin, which takes some beating, and are treated to radio silence on everything. This to me suggests that, currently, it's really backs to the wall for him personally. The transfer of positions to his son in recent times also infer that he is fighting a losing battle financially.

If there was ANY sort of good news to be told you can be sure it would be shouted from the roof tops to us peasants along with him duely being seen as the next Messiah.

It's either this or there is something going on behind the scenes in terms of buyouts/investment, which needs radio silence for commercial confidentiality. I'm praying it's the latter but fearing it's the former.

Think this is probably quite close to reality to be honest.

We have been subject to 20 odd years of full on bull**** from RM, the majority of this was fueled by sheer bravado and the arrogance that he could deliver all the things he promised without having the capital to do so.

We now find oursevles in a situation more critical than at any other time during his regin, which takes some beating, and are treated to radio silence on everything. This to me suggests that, currently, it's really backs to the wall for him personally. The transfer of positions to his son in recent times also infer that he is fighting a losing battle financially.

If there was ANY sort of good news to be told you can be sure it would be shouted from the roof tops to us peasants along with him duely being seen as the next Messiah.

It's either this or there is something going on behind the scenes in terms of buyouts/investment, which needs radio silence for commercial confidentiality. I'm praying it's the latter but fearing it's the former.
This is exactly my take. I think the Tories brief flirt with Trussenomics actually sounded the death knell for RonWorld. Credit is still comparatively cheap and fairly readily available in the grand scheme of things, but rates and liquidity (particularly for large sums of money) are nowhere near where they were 12-18 months ago. For someone with Ron's bleak track-record of paying his debts, these problems become amplified and likely mean that his liquidity pool has run dry. Basically, he's run out of Peters to pay his many Pauls.

It's ironic as he actually has something tangible from the project in the form of the training pitches and is closer to getting the development started in earnest than ever before. Like you, I hope that the silence is something to do with confidentiality agreements amid discussions to seek external investment for a share of the spoils (and that he f***s off if/when the ground is completed).

Are you a tycoon yourself Barry?

I don't think any of us are. Plenty to knock Ron about, but an extraordinary owner at another club in our league is an odd stick to beat him with.
Just thought folks might be interested in the news and the link with communications. Scallywag just stepped back at Gillingham as another multi millionaire owner dived in

Although both new Owners of Wrexham and Gillingham could be called tycoons, and are very wealthy ,what also sets them apart is their excellent communications with the fan bases

Back