• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

It's either this or there is something going on behind the scenes in terms of buyouts/investment, which needs radio silence for commercial confidentiality. I'm praying it's the latter but fearing it's the former.
I was wondering this too but, like you, just hoping.

I'm hearing that Ron is planning to wager some of that loan money at Cheltenham today, in a desperate attempt to raise more funds. The thing is he can't decide between The Storyteller, Its on the Line or Secret Investor in the 4.10.
Careful this could end up being true 😂

Fans need to know what the hell is going on Does that half wit beleve we can either keep a squad together next season And the chances of losing the tree amigos must be quite high .Does he care not a jot
I think it's gone way beyond RM caring, it's now all about his big fat payout from FF & RH & if he sinks us further down the football pyramid or even destroys SUFC in the process he will simple deem that as a necessary sacrifice.

I honestly believe there was a time when he did care about the club but all the ridiculous games he's played with HMRC for so many years now have left us with an embarrassment of a football club that was once admired and envied by many is now sniggered at and pitied 😞

Good times will come again, although at the age of 60 I am starting to doubt they will happen in my lifetime.

UTB 💙

im in the Philippines but i have heard a rumour that we are in talks at present with a certain party that wants to buy the club , the person is from an middle east country an Arab billionaire . Now before you all get your knickers in a knot ,i dont know how much truth there is in this , myself i hope it is true .

I think non payment of our tax bill is the primary reason. The recent case was an historic debt, this sounds as if we are trying to negotiate another time to pay for the next period due.
Now Ron is selling, were is the funding for the club until a new owner is found? I see the embargo staying in place for the rest of the season.

I think non payment of our tax bill is the primary reason. The recent case was an historic debt, this sounds as if we are trying to negotiate another time to pay for the next period due.
Now Ron is selling, were is the funding for the club until a new owner is found? I see the embargo staying in place for the rest of the season.
Don't worry, Ron will continue to underfund the club until a new owner takes over.

Was it grandad or uncle Albert who said, "It's Del who pays the rent arears".

said a couple of week ago the winding up order was for historic debt, and said there would be more around the corner from HMRC perhaps i should approach the sun to see if they need a new Mystic meg lol

If there was funding in place he wouldn’t be looking to sell. Not only will the embargo be in place but we will now have to plan on existing on a budget next season approx £1m less unless there is a sale.
Didn’t think the HMRC would go away. Is it fair to say that we didn’t clear all the outstanding tax on 1st March?
The wording used at the time was cleared all the money due to HMRC under the petition. As opposed to all money due to HMRC.

To be honest I think it's a terrible idea we lift the embargo and bring in players. Pay off who we can get a new owner in and go again. Ron should be trying to clear down no increase if he wants to sell.

Back